Globally change default color scheme for widgets

Jeff Paranich

Apr 29, 2021, 5:33:27 PM4/29/21
to fltk.general
Hi all, I know how to individually change the colors (background, text, selection, etc.) for each individual widget; however this can become tedious if you have 30 or so buttons, 5 hold browsers, etc.

Is there a way to change the default of each widget globally?  (i.e. custom colors for Fl_Button, Fl_Input, Fl_Table, etc etc); such that each new button/input/table I add automatically uses the specified color palletes?

Thank you!

Bill Spitzak

Apr 29, 2021, 6:30:09 PM4/29/21
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com
Fl::background(r,g,b) changes the general "gray" color and the colorramp used for all the button edges
Fl::foreground(r,g,b) changes the color all the text and labels are drawn
Fl::background2(r,g,b) changes the "white" in the input fields
Fl::set_color(x,r,g,b) sets some other colors:
  x = FL_INACTIVE_COLOR text color for inactive widgets
  x = FL_SELECTION_COLOR background for text selection (text color is computed to contrast with it)

All of this was designed for mid-1990's style user preferences, but it still could be useful.

Jeff Paranich

Apr 30, 2021, 2:03:49 PM4/30/21
to fltk.general
Thanks Bill! Is what I ended up doing is just making a class where I push each widget into a specific vector; and then walk the vectors setting my desired color schema.