OpenGL Update and Render loop or Game loop

FOSS Dev

Oct 11, 2020, 5:26:53 AM10/11/20
to fltk.general
I am new to fltk.
I want to know how can i implement a game loop in Fl_Gl_Window class.
I want to update() and render() functions called by my game loop.
I also want to calculate elapsed time since last game loop to find deltaTime.

imm

Oct 12, 2020, 8:36:42 AM10/12/20
to general fltk
Though you can do this in fltk, I am not sure I would - there are
other libraries that are more focussed on gaming, so if that is your
objective then they might well be a better fit for your needs.
Fltk's main strengths lie in other areas, it was not meant to be a
game engine...!

That said, there are a few examples, so a poke about the links page
https://www.fltk.org/links.php might find something - I used "play" as
the search term and got a fair number of hits!

Anton Novoselov

Oct 15, 2020, 6:16:33 PM10/15/20
to fltk.general