Wacom pen support how-to

Robin Rowe

Jan 25, 2021, 9:34:44 PM1/25/21
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com, Greg Ercolano
Is there a how-to for FLTK pen support of tilt/pressure across Windows,
Mac and Linux?

Robin
--
Robin Rowe
CinePaint Project Manager

Greg Ercolano

Jan 25, 2021, 9:52:24 PM1/25/21
to Robin Rowe, fltkg...@googlegroups.com

On 1/25/21 6:34 PM, Robin Rowe wrote:

Is there a how-to for FLTK pen support of tilt/pressure across Windows, Mac and Linux?

    I don't think so, no.

    In 2016 I was working on an FLTK 1.3.x app that needed tablet pen pressure on the Mac only,
    so I did some research and came up with a patch suggestion in STR#3329 which worked
    for me:

    https://www.fltk.org/str.php?U3329+P0+S-2+C0+I0+E0+V1.3+Qtablet

    But again, only for the mac and only for 1.3.x.
    What's left undone is a port to the driver system in 1.4.x, and an actual API
    that'd work for all platforms.

    It perhaps could be implemented in 1.4.x as an experimental feature subject
    to API change using macros to turn it on+off (like an ABI feature).

    Even longer ago I did some work using FLTK + tablet on an SGI with X windows in 1998
    using X windows extensions. I don't know if that work is still relevant today, but here it is FWIW:
    http://seriss.com/people/erco/wacom/