add_system_handler is not a member of Fl???

Ian ledford

Oct 18, 2020, 2:59:20 PM10/18/20
to fltk.general
I was trying to compile eureka doom editor on linux when a error popped up saying

src/main.cc:626:2: error: ‘add_system_handler’ is not a member of ‘Fl’

I have looked everywhere trying to find out how to make add_system_handler a member of Fl but there is nothing at all relating to this problem and i have run out of ideas.
does anyone know how to fix this???eureka compile bug.png

Greg Ercolano

Oct 18, 2020, 3:48:23 PM10/18/20
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com
On 2020-10-18 11:08, Ian ledford wrote:
> I was trying to compile eureka doom editor on linux when a error popped up saying
>
> src/main.cc:626:2: error: ‘add_system_handler’ is not a member of ‘Fl’

The function add_system_handler() was added in FLTK 1.3.3.

So if you have a version of FLTK older than that, it won't have that function.
In which case download the latest fltk 1.3.5 source code and build the app
with that.

Ian ledford

Oct 19, 2020, 2:45:59 AM10/19/20
to fltk.general
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I have been spending all day figuring this out and with google and your help i finally compiled and installed the doom editor! I can't thank you enough!