is there any FLTK based HTML4 viewer?

Basile Starynkevitch

Jul 28, 2021, 1:09:46 PM7/28/21
to fltk.general
Hello,
for the RefPerSys project (symbolic artificial intelligence project, GPLv3+) we need to browse some subset of HTML4.
Is there any FLTK based widget (open source, GPLv3+ compatible) doing so?

Regards from near Paris in France
---

lifeatt...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2021, 8:23:29 PM7/28/21
to fltk.general
>we need to browse some subset of HTML4.
Parse, or display?

The FLTK Fl_Help_View widget supports displaying a subset of HTML2.

HTML only, or CSS and javascript as well?

C++ parsers that handle HTML5:

Maybe you could use a library like  https://github.com/mikke89/RmlUi (using FLTK as the renderer).

Frankly, displaying HTML is a fairly "hard" problem. You might start with Fl_Help_View and extend it, or massage HTML5 down to a level which Fl_Help_View can handle.

Mo_Al_

Jul 28, 2021, 10:15:04 PM7/28/21
to fltk.general
I have a proof of concept using the webview library here:

Works on Windows, on macos it shows the webview and navigates, but lacks event handling. On linux, works on non-gnome desktops, on gnome it requires repeated querying and reparenting.

lifeatt...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2021, 1:52:30 PM7/29/21
to fltk.general
>I have a proof of concept using the webview library here:

Great! I'll have to check it out!

Sanel Zukan

Jul 31, 2021, 12:46:23 PM7/31/21
to Basile Starynkevitch, fltk.general
There is a webkit port [1] if you want modern html/css/js support.

[1] https://github.com/clbr/webkitfltk

Best,
Sanel

Basile Starynkevitch <bas...@starynkevitch.net> writes:
> Hello,
> for the RefPerSys <http://refpersys.org/> project (symbolic artificial
> intelligence project, GPLv3+) we need to browse some subset of HTML4.
> Is there any FLTK based widget (open source, GPLv3+ compatible) doing so?
>
> Regards from near Paris in France
> ---
> Basile Starynkevitch <http://starynkevitch.net/Basile/>
> <bas...@starynkevitch.net>

Mo_Al_

Aug 19, 2021, 5:27:43 PM8/19/21
to fltk.general
I fixed the macos event handling issue, and the gnome issue appears to also be fixed