Slider ticks

Mo_Al_

Sep 28, 2022, 3:41:38 AM9/28/22
to fltk.coredev
Hello

This came up in a discussion elsewhere recently, but fltk 2.0 used to support ticks for sliders. Would it be useful to port this functionality to FLTK 1.4 as well?

Albrecht Schlosser

Sep 28, 2022, 4:11:53 AM9/28/22
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com
On 9/28/22 09:41 Mo_Al_ wrote:
> ... fltk 2.0 used to support ticks for sliders. Would it be useful to
> port this functionality to FLTK 1.4 as well?

Can you please elaborate what "ticks for sliders" means exactly, i.e.
describe the desired behavior? API, callback functionality, etc..

Mo_Al_

Sep 28, 2022, 4:53:40 AM9/28/22
to fltk.coredev
It's a visual representation of the steps of the slider. Similar to what can be seen here:

Ticks can be placed in different positions:

enum
{
  LINEARTICK_ABOVETICK_LEFTTICK_BELOW,
  TICK_RIGHTTICK_BOTHLOG
}
These could be passed type(), but in FLTK 1.4 uses different types, so maybe these could be passed into a tick_type() function.
It should have no bearing on callback functionality.

Gonzalo Garramuño

Oct 1, 2022, 11:18:40 PM10/1/22
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 11:11:53 AM UTC+3 Albrecht Schlosser wrote:
On 9/28/22 09:41 Mo_Al_ wrote:
> ... fltk 2.0 used to support ticks for sliders. Would it be useful to
> port this functionality to FLTK 1.4 as well?

I ported the functionality for mrViewer.  Find attached the mrvSlider class.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggar...@gmail.com

Mo_Al_