Fix issue #253: Remove xdbe support (X11)

Manolo

Nov 25, 2021, 8:51:32 AM11/25/21
to fltk.coredev
I propose the series of modifications given in the attached patch
to fix for 1.4 issue #253: remove Xdbe support.
This would remove one milestone item for Release 1.4

Any opposition?
noxdbe.patch.txt

Bill Spitzak

Nov 25, 2021, 5:32:15 PM11/25/21
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com
Yes it is a good idea to remove this. On modern systems that claim to support it, it is slower than fltk's emulation, leading to a need to disable it.

Albrecht Schlosser

Nov 26, 2021, 6:52:24 AM11/26/21
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks for doing this.

+1

> Any opposition?

Not from me! Please go ahead.

Just one comment: I suggest to remove the printf in test/doublebuffer
entirely since Xdbe is no longer an option.
(patch lines 390/391)