CTRL + does no longer zoom in on Windows (or at least does not refresh properly)

Gonzalo Garramuño

Apr 25, 2024, 5:55:12 AMApr 25
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com
I missed the whole key-combination for zoom, but if there was a change
to FLTK it seems it is no longer working on Windows on my Latam (Latin
American) keyboard with ESP/ESP or ESP/LAA.

CTRL + nor CTRL = works

CTRL - works

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggar...@gmail.com

Albrecht Schlosser

Apr 25, 2024, 8:56:29 AMApr 25
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com
On 4/25/24 11:55 Gonzalo Garramuño wrote:
I missed the whole key-combination for zoom, but if there was a change to FLTK it seems it is no longer working on Windows on my Latam (Latin American) keyboard with ESP/ESP or ESP/LAA.

CTRL + nor CTRL = works

CTRL - works

Previous changes to zoom key recognition may have affected this but these changes also revealed that ...

Key handling on Windows has been broken for some (many?) keys, and I'm (ehm, have been) working on Windows key handling in general. Unfortunately I've been distracted by other work but I'll try to continue this ASAP.

Does your keyboard look like this one?

It's called "Spanish" in my Gnome setup. If not, can you post an image or a description of the keys in question? TIA.

It would also be helpful if you could tell me under which name(s) you select your keyboard on Windows so I can try it directly.

Gonzalo Garramuño

Apr 25, 2024, 9:34:52 AMApr 25
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com

On 4/25/2024 9:56 AM, 'Albrecht Schlosser' via fltk.coredev wrote:

> It would also be helpful if you could tell me under which name(s) you
> select your keyboard on Windows so I can try it directly.
It is either called Spanish (Spain) -  ESP/ES on taskbar.
or                           Spanish (Argentina) - ESP/LAA on taskbar.

They seem to be equivalent so far or I could not tell what keys are
different.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggar...@gmail.com

Gonzalo Garramuño

Apr 25, 2024, 9:38:38 AMApr 25
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com
Sorry.  That's the language setting.  The actual keyboard is "Spanish".

On Gnome I believe I am using "Spanish Windows", but I have to check.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggar...@gmail.com

Gonzalo Garramuño

Apr 25, 2024, 10:03:30 AMApr 25
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com

On 25/4/24 09:56, 'Albrecht Schlosser' via fltk.coredev wrote:

> It's called "Spanish" in my Gnome setup. If not, can you post an image
> or a description of the keys in question? TIA.
In my Gnome setup is called "Spanish (Windows)" under X11, but the
layout is the same -- only the semi-colons seem to have different
alternative graphics (ie.  Right Alt Gr.).

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggar...@gmail.com

imacarthur

Apr 25, 2024, 10:49:35 AMApr 25
to fltk.coredev
On Thursday 25 April 2024 at 10:55:12 UTC+1 Gonzalo wrote:
I missed the whole key-combination for zoom, but if there was a change
to FLTK it seems it is no longer working on Windows on my Latam (Latin
American) keyboard with ESP/ESP or ESP/LAA.

CTRL + nor CTRL = works

CTRL - works

And CTRL-0 works to reset.
I wouldn't want you to feel like your the only one Gonzalo, it's similarly broken for lots of folks using keyboards with the "+" key in a shifted position, like US-ANSI, UK-ISO, and any keyboard layout derived from those (which is lots, arguably most, of them...)