OSX latency (NSProcessInfo / AppNap)

Gonzalo Garramuno

Nov 18, 2020, 4:06:19 PM11/18/20
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to reduce the latency of my application on OS X as it currently does not play videos real time without skipping frames.
I read that one problem with timers on OS X is NSProcessInfo (AppNap). I found the following piece of code on stackoverflow, but it seems like it is not compatible with v10.14/I5 of OS X. It fails on objc_msgSend(). Does anyone know how to make it work?
mrvOSX.cpp

Gonzalo Garramuno

Nov 18, 2020, 4:25:05 PM11/18/20
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com

> El 18 nov. 2020, a las 18:06, Gonzalo Garramuno <ggar...@gmail.com> escribió:
>
> I am trying to reduce the latency of my application on OS X as it currently does not play videos real time without skipping frames.
> I read that one problem with timers on OS X is NSProcessInfo (AppNap). I found the following piece of code on stackoverflow, but it seems like it is not compatible with v10.14/I5 of OS X. It fails on objc_msgSend(). Does anyone know how to make it work?
> <mrvOSX.cpp>
> —
> Gonzalo Garramuno
> ggar...@gmail.com

Never mind. I tried turning off App Nav from the Information window and It made no effect whatsoever.

Gonzalo Garramuno
ggar...@gmail.com