RFC: Fluid widget properties, enable entering color manually

Mo_Al_

Apr 14, 2023, 11:34:02 AM4/14/23
to fltk.coredev
Hello

Currently with Fluid, if you add a a widget and want to change the Color (or Select Color), under properties->style, you're met with FLTK palette of 256 colors. I suggest adding inputs, in addition to the palette, which allows entering the RGB values of a color.
This would be helpful in previewing how the colors would look during the design phase.

Mo_Al_

Apr 14, 2023, 11:35:34 AM4/14/23
to fltk.coredev
fluid-colors.jpg

Albrecht Schlosser

Apr 14, 2023, 11:51:09 AM4/14/23
to fltkc...@googlegroups.com
On 4/14/23 17:34 Mo_Al_ wrote:
Currently with Fluid, if you add a a widget and want to change the Color (or Select Color), under properties->style, you're met with FLTK palette of 256 colors. I suggest adding inputs, in addition to the palette, which allows entering the RGB values of a color.

test/color_chooser.cxx is an example that allows both the 256-color palette and fl_color_chooser() which has color input fields. IMHO calling fl_color_chooser() would be a good choice:

Mo_Al_

Apr 14, 2023, 12:07:59 PM4/14/23
to fltk.coredev
I agree with popping fl_color_chooser() would be a better choice, it allows both choosing the color and entering the values.

melcher....@googlemail.com

Apr 14, 2023, 12:14:24 PM4/14/23
to fltk.coredev
The first 58 or so colors in the palette have a special meaning and appear different in the final app after calling `show(argc, argv)` depending on the platform and desktop colors. I'll be happy to add an RGB chooser, too, but the palette must remain accessible as well.