Is it possible to have an ssh tunnel in my_launchpad.yaml file?

lianshan lin

Jul 10, 2015, 11:28:28 AM7/10/15
to firewo...@googlegroups.com
The mongodb connection is set up through the my_launchpad.yaml file, which identifies the mongodb server, the port, user name and password. However if the mongodb server is behind a firewall, or can only be accessed through ssh tunnel like "ssh -f tun...@tunnel.server -L 2222:mongodb.server:27017 -N," how should I configure the my_launchpad.yaml?

Regards,

Lianshan

Anubhav Jain

Jul 10, 2015, 4:44:04 PM7/10/15
to lianshan lin, firewo...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried:

1) Starting the tunnel
2) Setting the my_launchpad.yaml config parameters to the tunnel parameters? e.g. host=localhost, port=2222 + your other parameters?

Best,
Anubhav

lianshan lin

Jul 14, 2015, 5:25:57 PM7/14/15
to firewo...@googlegroups.com, AJ...@lbl.gov
Yes, we are trying that and it seems working. Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Lianshan