Error in reseting launchpad

Michelle Brenner

Mar 15, 2018, 2:55:28 PM3/15/18
to fireworkflows
launchpad.reset(password)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/fireworks/core/launchpad.py", line 245, in reset
    self.fireworks.delete_many({})
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pymongo/collection.py", line 1192, in delete_many
    filter, True, collation=collation, session=session),
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pymongo/collection.py", line 1123, in _delete_retryable
    _delete, session)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pymongo/collection.py", line 3104, in __call__
    self.__name.split(".")[-1])
TypeError: 'Collection' object is not callable. If you meant to call the '_retryable_write' method on a 'Collection' object it is failing because no such method exists.

I recently updated fireworks from 1.2.4 and am now getting this error. I tracked it down and it starts in 1.3.2. For the moment I'm going to roll back, but any suggestions?

Thanks!

Anubhav Jain

Mar 16, 2018, 2:19:17 PM3/16/18
to fireworkflows
Hi Michelle,

For tracking down problems sometimes the changelog is useful:

In FWS 1.3.2 for example, we updated the pymongo commands since the newest pymongo, which has many useful updates, no longer supported the old commands.

Can you confirm:
* did you update FWS via one of the procedures listed here: https://materialsproject.github.io/fireworks/installation.html . In particular, if you run "git pull" you need to also do "python setup.py install" or "python setup.py develop".
* what version of pymongo do you have? e.g. "import pymongo; print(pymongo.__version__)"

Best
Anubhav

Alex Dunn

Mar 16, 2018, 2:42:40 PM3/16/18
to fireworkflows
Hi Michelle,

Going off what Anubhav said, I have had similar errors which were fixed by a pymongo update.

Michelle Brenner

Mar 16, 2018, 3:02:37 PM3/16/18
to fireworkflows
I have the latest pymongo installed:

pymongo==3.6.1

I installed using pip.

Since it was a pymongo error I thought of that first but since I was at the latest version I wasn't sure where to go from there.

Michelle Brenner

Mar 16, 2018, 3:03:37 PM3/16/18
to fireworkflows
Which version of pymongo are you using? Maybe I've gone too far.

Anubhav Jain

Mar 16, 2018, 3:26:05 PM3/16/18
to Michelle Brenner, fireworkflows
I am using 3.4.0 but I doubt you've gone too far.

Sorry to keep asking the same thing, but are you sure the updated pymongo is in the same Python environment as your FWS installation?

Best,
Anubhav

Best,
Anubhav

Alex Dunn

Mar 16, 2018, 3:32:14 PM3/16/18
to fireworkflows
Hmm that should work. Firworks requires pymongo==3.6.0

How is your launchpad object being instantiated? E.g., from a file, using LaunchPad(port=xxxxx), etc.?