lpad webgui: how to specify the port number for the flask webserver?

Alex Li

Jul 7, 2015, 11:34:22 AM7/7/15
to firewo...@googlegroups.com
Dear Fireworks support,

I am trying to use a different port (ie: other than 5000) for flask web server so that I can have two separate instances (one for testing and another for production).

The documentation says that "The -s (or --server) option runs in ‘server mode’, e.g. skips opening up a browser. Other options include --host and --port...." I am not sure the "--port" here is mongdb port, or flask web server port.

Also If this is for the command line, "-s" means "slient" according to lpad help.
If this is the flask port in the my_launchpad.yaml, could you tell me how to do so in yaml file?

Thanks!

Alex.

Anubhav Jain

Jul 7, 2015, 11:47:11 AM7/7/15
to Alex Li, firewo...@googlegroups.com
The --port is the port that Flask runs on. Hopefully this should be clear from the documentation or from just quickly trying it rather than needing the dev list. But anyway I have committed a clarification to the code.

If you want to set the Flask port in the FW_config.yaml file, I just committed that option to the Git repo now (through the WEB_SERVER argument). You can pull that code or wait for the next PyPI release, which I hope to do in the next few days or so.

The -s option is different whether it comes after "lpad" or "webgui", e.g. "lpad -s webgui -s" is different from "lpad -s webgui" is different from "lpad webgui -s". That is why "lpad -h" shows a different option for "-s" than "lpad webgui -h".

Best,
Anubhav