Defuse a range of jobs (i.e. 50-70 rather than 51, 52, 53, ..., 70)

Rasmus Karlsson

Aug 3, 2016, 8:27:04 PM8/3/16
to fireworkflows
Hi,

I have submitted a large number of jobs (several hundred) using fireworks with slightly different parameters.
I now find that all of the jobs contain an error which will lead to them fail, so I need to defuse them, archive the FWs, and try again.

I know that you can defuse a firework by doing
lpad defuse_fws -i 1
or several jobs by doing
lpad defuse_fws -i 1,2,3,4

but is there a command for defusing a range of jobs, i.e.

lpad defuse_fws -i 1-10

?

Thanks,
Rasmus

Anubhav Jain

Aug 4, 2016, 12:37:22 AM8/4/16
to Rasmus Karlsson, fireworkflows
Hi Rasmus

There is no way to use a syntax like 1-10 with the -i option

However there are other query options that you can use besides -i, including:
* -s if you want to defuse all jobs that have a certain state, e.g. FIZZLED
* -q if you want to do a general mongodb query which is very flexible in selecting jobs. Something like:

lpad defuse_fws -q '{"fw_id": {"$gte": 1, "$lte": 10}}'

might do what you need. If you want to test the selection command first you can do something like

lpad get_fws -q '{"fw_id": {"$gte": 1, "$lte": 10}}' -d less

which will print out basic details of the Fireworks you are selecting

Best,
Anubhav

Best,
Anubhav

Rasmus Karlsson

Aug 8, 2016, 10:44:08 PM8/8/16
to fireworkflows, shan...@gmail.com
Thank you, Anubhav,
the general mongodb query seems to be just what I was looking for!