No Javascript on this page

Eric Dorothy

Dec 1, 2016, 7:05:33 AM12/1/16
to Firebug

I'm having a problem where I can't debug JavaScript anymore after Firefox updated to version 50.0.1.

As you can see I have some pretty obvious JavaScript use here.

I've tried disabling and re-enabling the Firebug plug-in but it does not help.  Does anyone have any information that may help?

Mehul Gohel

Dec 1, 2016, 8:01:05 AM12/1/16
to Firebug
I am facing the same issue

Sebastian Zartner

Dec 1, 2016, 2:06:28 PM12/1/16
to Firebug
Please see my answer at Stack Overflow. In short, it's a known issue, though Firebug is not maintained anymore and you are advised to use the Firefox DevTools instead.

Sebastian

Eric Dorothy

Dec 1, 2016, 2:19:19 PM12/1/16
to Firebug
That is a bummer.  I really liked Firebug and I preferred it over all other dev tools.  :-(

Sebastian Zartner

Dec 1, 2016, 2:28:00 PM12/1/16
to Firebug
Same for me. Unfortunately I can't change it.
Though I am collecting suggestions of Firebug features the Firefox DevTools are missing. Feel free to post your notes there.

Sebastian

Sebastian Zartner

Dec 1, 2016, 2:29:41 PM12/1/16
to Firebug
And by the way, I started to create a migration guide on MDN.

Sebastian

Uwe Gutwirth

Dec 16, 2016, 10:17:41 AM12/16/16
to Firebug
Sorry for my posting 1 hour ago. I expected the code automaticaly. But now I found it to look for the code...
Now it works fine...
Thanks

Uwe Gutwirth

Dec 16, 2016, 10:17:41 AM12/16/16
to Firebug
Hello Experts,

I had the same problem with more than 20.000 lines of Javascriptcode. Now I installed the Dev Tools. It sounds great. But when I tried to debug comes "press ctrl+p" to search files and no Code appears.
Sorry for my bad English. Greetings from Salzburg!

Sebastian Zartner

Dec 19, 2016, 12:42:06 AM12/19/16
to Firebug
Good to hear you found the solution!
If you need more information related to the Firefox DevTools, you can read about them on MDN.

Sebastian