Grid display toggle

Melisa

Aug 7, 2017, 6:51:13 AM8/7/17
to Firebug
I recently installed FireFox and Firebug and I am experiencing a situation that doesn't seem correct, but it may be.  Specifically, when I inspect an element and click on the display grid icon I see the grid lines overlayed in the window.  However, if I refresh the page I cannot get the display grid toggle to work.  I need to close the inspection window and re-open it before the toggle works.

As I said, this may be the way it works.  If it is I will accept it and continue to work.  If it isn't, I would appreciate suggestions on what I need to do in order for the grid toggle to toggle the grid overlay on and off.

Take care,
Melisa

Sebastian Zartner

Aug 7, 2017, 11:36:42 AM8/7/17
to Firebug
Hi Melisa,

the grid overlay is a feature of the Firefox built-in DevTools and is not part of Firebug, which is discontinued.

What you describe sounds like a bug to me, though unfortunately I cannot reproduce it. I suggest you first check whether you have the latest Firefox installed (54.0.1, tomorrow it will be 55.0). If you have the latest version and still see the issue, try to reproduce it on a fresh Firefox profile. If it works on the fresh profile, your normal profile must be somehow corrupt. This might be a conflict with an add-on or a preference. So, you should then try to disable all the add-ons and check whether it's working. If so, enable each add-on again one by one to find the culprit. If it's not related to the add-ons, it's probably a preference. In that case you should compare the preferences of your normal profile with the one of the new profile.

If the new profile also has this issue, first check if it still exists in Firefox Nightly. If the answer is yes, then you should file a bug and if possible attach a test case or URL allowing the Mozilla people to reproduce the problem.

Best regards,

Sebastian