Some sample scripts for testing

Hernan Cano

Feb 7, 2021, 4:16:25 AM2/7/21
to firebird-support
Hi, friends.
I am interested in using FireBird as a database manager for my apps.
And I want to write some kind of tests for verifying its performance.

Could you show me some kind of doc about this, where I can read about the best way to write a lot of test-sentences that can take advantage of the better concepts in FireBird, or some RDBMS?

Thanks.

Karol Bieniaszewski

Feb 7, 2021, 5:00:37 AM2/7/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

Hi

It is really too broad question. Better for what usage case? What you need from such RDBMS?

You can compare performance as single statement running explicitly or multimple statements one by one, simple queries or complicated one, multiple connections with one statement, multiple connections with multiple, multiple connections with multiple but totally random statements.

You can compare time taken, numer of queries, resources used...

You can also compare how easy it is to use, configure and admin it.

You can compare in wihich other scenarion you can use some DB as eg. Firebird Embeded.

And other comparision…

regards,

Karol Bieniaszewski

Dimitry Sibiryakov

Feb 7, 2021, 5:46:47 AM2/7/21
07.02.2021 06:56, Hernan Cano wrote:
> Could you show me some kind of doc about this, where I can read about the best way to
> write a lot of test-sentences that can take advantage of the better concepts in FireBird,
> or some RDBMS?

Start from learning script used for Firebird testing.

https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/fbt-repository
https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/oltp-emul

--
WBR, SD.

Hernan Cano

Feb 7, 2021, 8:17:34 PM2/7/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Karol.
I could/should try any of what you say.
If there is only one of what you say, it will be enough for me.

Hernan Cano

Feb 7, 2021, 8:17:51 PM2/7/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Fine, Dimitry.
I am reviewing the URLs you propose me.
Very complex, but I am reading....

Hernan Cano

Feb 15, 2021, 3:59:09 PM2/15/21
to firebird-support
Hi, friends.

In second URL I found "oltp-emul-praha-2014.ppt" that is near what I want to develop. I page 26 are described the scenarios.
But I couldnot find the SQL sentences that one need to run.

In the first URL I can find a lot, but there is not any description that guides me to what is the objective.

I can find a very good explanation of a series of test, but these are in a SQLite-environments. I can take the SQL sentences but I lack the improvements for FireBird.

Thanks, Dimitry and Karol, for helping.