recover a DB from a corrupted HD?

duilio foschi

Jun 12, 2021, 6:45:21 AM6/12/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
a RAID disk running Centos v. 6.7 64 bit crashed and of course the owner has no recent backup :)

The disk used to contain a firebird db /opt/firebird/db/nap.gdb with precious data inside.

I attached a new hd running Centos. It allows me to boot. I can see the old RAID disk as sdb. The disk shows no partition.

Is there any chance to recover the original DB by a dump of the disk?

I expect a NO, but - who knows? - miracles do happen... :)

 Thank you

Duilio

Karol Bieniaszewski

Jun 12, 2021, 11:01:03 AM6/12/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

There are several tools.

You can try „EasyRecovery” or something like this.

regards,

Karol Bieniaszewski