Database corrupt

gkvi...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2022, 4:47:17 AM7/25/22
to firebird-support
Hello Together

I had a problem that my database had a defect.

unknown ISC-Error: 335740952 and 335741051.

I did a backup / restore, after that the database is running fine again.

The Firebird server 3.0.9 is running on a virtual MS server 2016 V1607.

I know that the virtual server was suspended by the IT department about a month ago. Is it possible that this suspension caused the defect?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Gregor

liviuslivius

Jul 25, 2022, 5:34:54 AM7/25/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
"Unknown ISC error" means that you have outdated fbclient and/or firebird.msg on the client side.

Update it and you will see exact message which can bring more light on your issue

Regards,
Karol Bieniaszewski

Jul 26, 2022, 5:13:45 AM7/26/22
to firebird-support
Hello Karol

The fbclient was up to date, but i copy the firebird.msg to the database directory. Now i made the same check

follow error message apears

Error: Failed: Firebird error.
Summary of validation errors.
    Number of record level warnings    : 1.

for the test i used the EMS Firebird Manager

Regards
Gregor

Karol Bieniaszewski

Jul 26, 2022, 8:52:48 AM7/26/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

If you validate database with gfix

Then any detailed message is in the firebird.log

Regards,

Karol Bieniaszewski

gkvi...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2022, 10:49:51 AM7/26/22
to firebird-support
gfix shows the same message
Summary of validation errors

        Number of record level warnings : 1

no logfile created. I have validated with parameter -v no error message apears. validating with -v -fu shows the error

Karol Bieniaszewski

Jul 26, 2022, 11:06:57 AM7/26/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

firebird.log is in Firebird installation directory to which you have connected.

gkvi...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2022, 11:30:39 AM7/26/22
to firebird-support
i  know, but the file are empty! No message in the file

Dimitry Sibiryakov

Jul 26, 2022, 12:10:31 PM7/26/22
gkvi...@gmail.com wrote 26.07.2022 17:30:
> i  know, but the file are empty! No message in the file

Is your Firebird Server run as an application or as a service?
In the first case does your user have a write access to the place where
Firebird Server is installed to?

--
WBR, SD.

Tomasz Dubiel

Jul 26, 2022, 12:14:27 PM7/26/22
to firebird-support
Are the permissions proper for the firebird.log?
It happened to me to delete previous log and create new as a root. In the result nothing was written to the file, because root was the owner ;)

gkvi...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2022, 1:45:13 AM7/27/22
to firebird-support
I have emty it the file before i run gfix yesterday. Today it has some other messages in the logfile. So IMHO the user rights must be ok.

FB-Server are installed and run as a service

Vlad Khorsun

Jul 27, 2022, 6:11:56 AM7/27/22
to firebird-support
  Validation is run by the Firebird server, gfix only ask it to run and reports summary info.
All errors and warnings are put into firebird.log by the server that run validation.
Check twice what exact instance of the server you connect to when run gfix and where its root (install) folder is located.

Regards.
Vlad

gkvi...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2022, 7:14:03 AM7/27/22
to firebird-support
I had to set the user right for "users" to full access. Now i got a result.

SR-APPL-054    Wed Jul 27 13:09:34 2022
    Database: D:\LSYS\DHZ_LSYS-DEFEKT.FDB
    Warning: Relation has 4282 orphan backversions {0 in use} in table ELEMENTE (218)

SR-APPL-054    Wed Jul 27 13:13:06 2022
    Database: D:\LSYS\DHZ_LSYS-DEFEKT.FDB
    Validation finished: 0 errors, 1 warnings, 0 fixed

Karol Bieniaszewski

Jul 27, 2022, 7:36:01 AM7/27/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

Hi

Your luck is that this is really minor problem and do not affect your db.

It probably arose because of force shutdown of Firebird process.

Regards,

Karol Bieniaszewski

Jul 27, 2022, 7:41:35 AM7/27/22
to firebird-support
But how come I had problems with my application (not responding task) and after backup/restore they were gone?

Karol Bieniaszewski

Jul 27, 2022, 10:02:54 AM7/27/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

By "do not affect your db” i mean that it is fully fixable.

gkvi...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2022, 10:52:36 AM7/27/22
to firebird-support
But my question was: Is it possible that the suspension of the VM caused the defect?

Dimitry Sibiryakov

Jul 27, 2022, 11:13:11 AM7/27/22
gkvi...@gmail.com wrote 27.07.2022 16:52:
> But my question was: Is it possible that the suspension of the VM caused the
> defect?

It is improbable.

--
WBR, SD.

gkvi...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2022, 11:23:20 AM7/27/22
to firebird-support
ok, thx a lot for all the sugestions and tips