designing firebird app for users with different rights

Jim McNamara

Feb 21, 2021, 3:16:17 PM2/21/21
to firebird-general
Hi all-

In a very general sense, if you were to make a firebird application with freepascal, what is the best way to handle when you put controls on the form i.e. tasks assigned to employee by the boss  but that same employee not able to view the other co-workers tasks? I am wondering if I have to create separate forms for people with different access rights.  I am not sure if I can re use controls.

Thanks.
robo-loki

Yaroslav Witol

Feb 21, 2021, 4:36:54 PM2/21/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
you can create a separate user field and select tasks only for him

нд, 21 лют. 2021 о 22:16 Jim McNamara <nefario...@gmail.com> пише:

Jim McNamara

Feb 21, 2021, 4:41:44 PM2/21/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yaroslav-

That is very cool. Thanks for the quick
response. robo-loki

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "firebird-general" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebird-general/CAE4OrW%2BuZNVw1dPm0CRJU_ZTMBwzXO3s9-A_BrkMAR-zMaU1pQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Dalton Calford

Feb 21, 2021, 10:32:47 PM2/21/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Base all your queries upon views that select from stored procedures - the procedure only returns the rows the user has rights to.   All row processing is handled by triggers on the view.

Jim McNamara

Feb 22, 2021, 2:01:30 AM2/22/21
to firebird-general
Sorry for posting here. I must have been half asleep.  I moved the thread to firebird-support.
robo-loki