Clean Urls

Chris Faiette

Dec 15, 2015, 12:46:59 AM12/15/15
to Firebase Google Group
Anyway to add a redirect/rewrite rule to the firebase.json for clean urls? i.e. remove the .html from all urls,  allowing you to have links like /page instead of /page.html

Chris Faiette

Dec 15, 2015, 12:49:52 AM12/15/15
to Firebase Google Group
I know you can do a redirect rule like so:

"redirects": [ {
"source" : "/page",
"destination" : "/page.html",
"type" : 301
} ]

is there an easy way to do this for all links without having to list each page individually?

Jacob Wenger

Dec 15, 2015, 5:38:57 PM12/15/15
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
You can't do this yet, but hang tight. You should be hearing from us again very, very soon :)

Cheers,
Jacob

Michael Bleigh

Dec 16, 2015, 4:41:20 PM12/16/15
to Firebase Google Group
Firebase Hosting now supports Clean URLs! See the blog post for more details, or simply update to the latest firebase-tools with `npm install -g firebase-tools` and add:

{"cleanUrls": true}

To your firebase.json.

Enjoy!
Michael

Douglas Correa

Dec 17, 2015, 11:47:59 AM12/17/15
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Hi @Michael,

Good to hear that hosting has been updated!

Any news on Prerender support?

Best regards,

Douglas

Michael Bleigh

Dec 17, 2015, 6:32:00 PM12/17/15
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Douglas,

We're working on it, but we don't have any firm timelines to share on when it will be available.

Cheers,
Michael