Firebase unity standalone support

willh

Feb 4, 2017, 11:09:16 AM2/4/17
to Firebase Google Group
Are there any updates on firebase support for standalone unity builds? I can get simple database queries running by setting x86_64 architecture but the documentation and various internet search results suggest things like auth and storage are not be supported.

Would be great to see this officially supported!

Stewart Miles

Feb 9, 2017, 12:27:08 PM2/9/17
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
We still only support Firebase Database and Storage authenticated via a service account in desktop builds.  We don't have a timeline on desktop implementations of Firebase SDKs for the desktop yet.

Cheers,
Stewart

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 7:40 PM, willh <har...@gmail.com> wrote:
Are there any updates on firebase support for standalone unity builds? I can get simple database queries running by setting x86_64 architecture but the documentation and various internet search results suggest things like auth and storage are not be supported.

Would be great to see this officially supported!

willh

Thaina Yu

May 13, 2017, 9:06:42 PM5/13/17
to Firebase Google Group
Any update on this issue?

Benjamin W.

Jun 25, 2017, 12:14:30 PM6/25/17
to Firebase Google Group
I am also interested in building standalone apps on e.g. Windows 10 with Firebase support.

It would be fantastic to be able to access data from games at Google Play, iTunes Store and even Steam.

Ludvig Janiuk

Jul 25, 2017, 1:31:06 PM7/25/17
to Firebase Google Group
I'm currently making an app for the desktop using Unity and Firebase and was very surprised to find that Auth doesn't seem to be supported there. I will be seeing if there is any way to circumvent it, but I really hope this changes in the foreseeable future.