Jan. 1st, 11AM Come join our LInux/Computer/tech meeting this Saturday

Robert Lewis

Dec 29, 2021, 11:44:20 AM12/29/21
to Felton Lug
Possible topics to discuss, time permitting!

Due to popular demand and a straw poll vote at the last meeting we elected to meet at the usual 11AM-1PM on the Jan. 1st. 2022.
Happy New Year to all of you.
Did you know that we have roughly 100 people on the distribution list in the group.
Here are some possible points of interest:
1)  https://news.itsfoss.com/elementary-os-6-1-release/  (Anyone want to look at it and report their findings?)

2) Subscribe to the FOSS YouTube channel possibly.

3) A new browser from the Duck.

4) Application highlight of this week is AppImage Pool which is basically an app store for AppImage applications.
    You know what an AppImage is, right? Its developer has shared interesting insights into the project with us.

I think that's enough reading material for this week. Enjoy :)

Hope to see you there...

Dewayne Irons

Dec 29, 2021, 4:06:15 PM12/29/21
to felto...@googlegroups.com
Bob, thanks for the links to some interesting topics.  I'll be out of town this wkend but try to sign in if possible.
Happy New Year!
Dewayne

Meg McRoberts

Dec 29, 2021, 9:47:01 PM12/29/21
to felto...@googlegroups.com
My mother has a Canon all-in-one printer that is maybe 10 years old but has had
very little use.  Alas, it does not do wi-fi so we need to replace it.  The print quality
is good.  I have not had great luck using Canon printers with Linux but I'm probably
missing a trick.

Anyhow, if someone needs a good printer for a computer that has a printer port, it
would keep the printer out of the landfill, etc.

Contact me and we can arrange a pickup or whatever.
meg

Robert Lewis

Dec 29, 2021, 9:48:29 PM12/29/21
to Felton Lug
Laser or inkjet ?

Robert Lewis

Dec 29, 2021, 9:50:52 PM12/29/21
to Felton Lug
Model number might be useful.
If you want it, I might be able to get Linux to talk to it!

Meg McRoberts

Dec 29, 2021, 10:24:16 PM12/29/21
to Felton Lug
You are right --- I'll get the model number tomorrow when we are over there.
It's an inkjet printer.

I really don't want it.  Tom has a Canon printer hooked up to his Windoze computer.
My HP printer has gone to printer heaven and I'm trying to get connected to this
printer.  I don't print nearly as much as I used to and it would be nice to only have
one printer to maintain.  I have a couple more things to try but, if those don't work,
I may accept your offer to help.
meg