Feedly API authentication - how to get access token

safari...@gmail.com

May 17, 2017, 10:02:43 AM5/17/17
to Feedly Cloud
Hello,

can someone please help me to undestand how to properly call Feedly API to get Access token for further calls?

I am unable to get it working acording to description on https://developer.feedly.com/v3/auth/

I am not interested in developers token - this works for me ok. I need a way hor to generate acess token for production use.

I would be very grateful for some brief step by step manual like:

1. call curl with this params

2. copy something from the response

3. call curl with what you copied

X. now you can make any call to api that needs authorization

Thanks,

Tomas

David Chatenay

May 17, 2017, 2:02:04 PM5/17/17
to Tomáš Šafařík, Feedly Cloud
  Hi Tomáš,
  It is not possible to trigger a full OAuth flow using only curl, at least not in a safe or reliable way (parsing HTML pages isn't).
  OAuth login requires opening a browser window to:

  (sandbox example). Then intercept the redirect to the URI provided (http://localhost in this example), which should contain a "code" parameter, and use this code to get an access token and refresh token (as described here).
  Hope this helps.

--
David Chatenay
Feedly

safari...@gmail.com

May 17, 2017, 3:04:28 PM5/17/17
to Feedly Cloud, safari...@gmail.com
Hello David,

do I undestand it correctly that Feedly API is not designed be used programatically?

Tomas
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to feedly-cloud...@googlegroups.com.

David Chatenay

May 17, 2017, 5:06:23 PM5/17/17
to Tomáš Šafařík, Feedly Cloud
  Correct, the login (OAuth) API is not designed to be used programatically. The rest of the APIs are. This is due to the fact that Feedly relies on 3rd party OAuth partners (Google/Facebook/Twitter etc), and these partners do require a browser window to sign-in.

--
David Chatenay
Feedly