DB Alternatives

GG

Jan 8, 2021, 4:25:05 PM1/8/21
to FastNetMon user group
Hi Pavel,

I'm sorry to bother you again, I'm a little bit confused with the databases requirements (mongodb, influxdb and clickhouse).

After upgrading (i think), Grafana was broken, so I ran "sudo ./installer -install_graphic_stack" again, and now i see all 3 databases installed and running. I assume MongoDB is required to keep persistent working state for the application? What about InfluxDB and Clickhouse? Are they alternatives? Are they both storing the same information? Should I use one OR the other? Should I stop one of them? Any recommendation on which one to use with fastnetmon?

Regards,
Gaston

Pavel Odintsov

Jan 8, 2021, 4:29:02 PM1/8/21
to GG, FastNetMon user group
Hello!

Sure, let me clarify.

MongoDB is crucial to store configuration.

For bandwidth metrics you can use InfluxDB (default setup) or Clickhouse: https://fastnetmon.com/docs-fnm-advanced/traffic-metrics-in-clickhouse/

For big setups we recommend using Clickhouse for metrics as InfluxDB does not scale well.

For flow storage / traffic database you can use only Clickhouse.

--
Follow us on social media: Twitter: https://twitter.com/fastnetmon | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fastnetmon/ | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fastnetmon/
Sincerely yours, Pavel Odintsov

gaston gutierrez

Jan 8, 2021, 4:52:00 PM1/8/21
to Pavel Odintsov, FastNetMon user group
Got it, thanks!

Pavel Odintsov

Jan 8, 2021, 5:13:35 PM1/8/21
to gaston gutierrez, FastNetMon user group
You're welcome!