METHOD OF DECOMPOSITION IN FACTOMINER FOR CA

DANIEL LOPEZ ROCHE

Sep 15, 2022, 12:16:25 PM9/15/22
to FactoMineR users
Hello:

Firstly I want to thank you the great package you've developped. I would like to know what is the method of decomposition in R for Correspondence Analysis? Is it singular value decomposition? Is it possible to employ other methods?

Thanks a lot,
Daniel.

Francois Husson

Oct 5, 2022, 10:44:11 AM10/5/22
to factomin...@googlegroups.com
Yes singular value decomposition is used, but on a specific matrix, not directrly on theraw data.
See th code of the CA function if you want or any book on correspondance analysis.
Or you can watch these videos on CA:
  1. Introduction
  2. Visualizing the row and column clouds
  3. Inertia and percentage of inertia
  4. Simultaneous representation
  5. Interpretation aids

FH
--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes "FactoMineR users".

Logo signature e-mail
François Husson
Department Statistics & Computer science
UMR 6625 IRMAR CNRS
65 rue de Saint-Brieuc, CS 84215, 35042 Rennes Cedex
Tel: +33 2 23 48 58 86
https://husson.github.io
En 2022, Agrocampus Ouest devient l'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers.