Discriminating Between Male and Female by Tea-Drinking Characteristics

Robert Winkelman

Oct 13, 2022, 5:54:39 PM10/13/22
to FactoMineR users
How could I use the tea-drinking data to do supervised classification, (i.e. discrimination) between sex = M and F?
The example provided in section  4.9 is only for clustering (unsupervised classification).
I'm looking at the first edition of "Exploratory Multivariate Analysis by Example using R".

Because of the quality of this book, FactoMineR and the YouTube videos, I'd rather use this material than simply run a different package based on Linear Discriminant Analysis.

-Thank You Very Much
-Robert

Francois Husson

Nov 2, 2022, 12:37:43 PM11/2/22
to factomin...@googlegroups.com
There is no method that allows to perform supervised classification in FactoMineR (only unsupervised classification).

FH
--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes "FactoMineR users".

Logo signature e-mail
François Husson
Department Statistics & Computer science
UMR 6625 IRMAR CNRS
65 rue de Saint-Brieuc, CS 84215, 35042 Rennes Cedex
Tel: +33 2 23 48 58 86
https://husson.github.io
En 2022, Agrocampus Ouest devient l'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers.

Robert Winkelman

Nov 3, 2022, 7:10:33 AM11/3/22
to FactoMineR users
Thank you very much for the reply.