Correlation coeficiente used in PCA

Julián Guarque Chabrera

Jun 22, 2022, 3:13:35 PM6/22/22
to FactoMineR users

Hi all,

My name is Julian Guarque-Chabrera and I'm a PhD candidate in Universitata Jaume I (Catellón, Spain) an a research trainee in the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (New York, USA) and I'm using the FactoMineR package to perform some PCA. I checked the publication in which you describe the package and I couldn't find anywhere anywhere which correlation coefficient you use (I assume you used Pearson’s) to correlate the variables with the PCs. My question is, are you using Pearson's or Spearman's?? If using Person's is there any way to be able to change to a Spearman's?? Thanks In advance.

Best,
Julian

Francois Husson

Jun 23, 2022, 2:14:25 PM6/23/22
to factomin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Yes this is the Pearson's coefficient that is used. And it is not possible to use other coefficients.
Best
FH
--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes "FactoMineR users".

Logo signature e-mail
François Husson
Department Statistics & Computer science
UMR 6625 IRMAR CNRS
65 rue de Saint-Brieuc, CS 84215, 35042 Rennes Cedex
Tel: +33 2 23 48 58 86
https://husson.github.io
En 2022, Agrocampus Ouest devient l'Institut Agro Rennes-Angers.

Julián Guarque Chabrera

Jun 23, 2022, 3:14:32 PM6/23/22
to factomin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the answer

Julian Guarque-Chabrera
PhD Student
Laboratory of Dr. Marta Miquel
Department of Basic and Clinical Psychology and Psychobiology
Universitat Jaume I
Email:     gua...@uji.es