Of the FactoMineR output, which gives the individual factor scores?

Meghan Shirley

Feb 1, 2021, 4:12:31 PM2/1/21
to FactoMineR users
Hello,

I would like to identify individual factor scores in the FactoMineR output so that I can use them in further analyses, e.g. regression models. In an article I am reading on PCA it states, "Each individual has a factor score for every derived pattern (factor) and this score is a continuous variable."

In the case of using FactoMineR, is this referring to the individual coordinates, as found with res$ind$coord?

Thank you!
Meghan

Francois Husson

Feb 5, 2021, 2:25:23 AM2/5/21
to factomin...@googlegroups.com
Yes your right, you can use res$ind$coord as a factor score to perform regression.
The definition of the scores, as it is defined in PCA, is available in res$svd$U   (the results are similar to those in res$ind$coord except that each column is standardized to 1)
FH
--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes "FactoMineR users".

Francois Husson
Department Statistics & Computer science
AGROCAMPUS OUEST
65 rue de St-Brieuc - 35042 RENNES
Tel: +33 2 23 48 58 86
https://husson.github.io