Deploy a Web portal for facility registry

Guy Ekani

Jul 30, 2019, 6:27:46 AM7/30/19
to Facility Registry (OHIE)
Hello everyone,

My name is Guy EKANI from Cameroon, i'm new in the forum,

I will like to know to deploy and test the web portal for facility registry (https://github.com/instedd/facility-public-portal).

If anyone can share a step by step guide or instructions,

Sincerely,

Nicolas di Tada

Aug 7, 2019, 5:23:17 PM8/7/19
to facility...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guy,

Thanks for reaching out. At this point I don’t think we have a step by step guide for deploying that. Are you working at the MoH in Cameroon? Feel free to reach out to my email directly to see if we could provide support for your need.

Esteban Hebel

Sep 3, 2019, 12:47:50 PM9/3/19
to Facility Registry (OHIE)
Hi, my name is Esteban Hebel, from Chile.
I'm also interested in deploying the FacilityRegistry locally.
Is there any way to do that? I seem to be having trouble finding the actual deployable project.

Thanks,
Esteban

On Jul 30, 2019, at 7:27 AM, Guy Ekani <const...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello everyone,

My name is Guy EKANI from Cameroon, i'm new in the forum,

I will like to know to deploy and test the web portal for facility registry (https://github.com/instedd/facility-public-portal).

If anyone can share a step by step guide or instructions,

Sincerely,

Carl Leitner

Sep 10, 2019, 8:31:36 AM9/10/19
to facility...@googlegroups.com
Dear Esteban

What are the particular needs that you have for a facility registry.  If your main priority at the moment is to consolidate multiple facility lists (from multiple sources) into one list to share, you may want to take a look at the GOFR tool which has an  online demo, documentation and  source code.  It adheres to the FHIR standards for facility/location data exchange, in particular the IHE mCSD profile which is part of the OpenHIE architecture.

Cheers,
-carl

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/facility-registry/dba604dd-7621-4f2f-9e01-7ae6b743a929%40googlegroups.com.

Guy Ekani

Sep 10, 2019, 9:10:43 AM9/10/19
to Facility Registry (OHIE)
Thank's Carl,

for me i want a tool that can manage online a Master Facility List (MFL) with a complete listing of health facilities in the country (both public and private) and is comprised of a set of administrative information and information that identifies each facility. It will consists of basic information on the service capacity of each facility (service domain). The set of identifiers in the signature domain serves to uniquely identify each facility in order to prevent duplication or omission of facilities from the list.

The MFL also contains contact information, type of facility and other information that is useful for administrative purposes. The service domain contains a basic inventory of available services, infrastructures, and facility capacity, providing essential information for health systems planning and management.

Scott Teesdale

Sep 14, 2019, 3:06:26 PM9/14/19
to Facility Registry (OHIE)
Hi All - you might find this list of FR tools we curated recently to be helpful.

Best,
Scott

Carl Leitner

Sep 18, 2019, 9:58:45 AM9/18/19
to facility...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Most of the data fields that you are looking for are covered in the mCSD standard (and it is extensible to cover other fields as needed).   Have you mapped out yet the business processes/approval workflows and user roles for the facility registry?  The WHO has a useful document here if you haven’t seen it yet.

Cheers,
-carl

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/facility-registry/fa224291-fe10-474f-a416-2c4b0b0ba573%40googlegroups.com.

Guy Ekani

Sep 18, 2019, 10:36:39 AM9/18/19
to Facility Registry (OHIE)
Thanks Carl,

In page 92 :

WHAT IS A FACILITY REGISTRY SERVICE?
A Facility Registry Service is a software solution that stores and shares the Master Facility List (MFL) data. Depending on its design, a facility registry service can have a number of additional purposes. A facility registry service can:
• Enable data consumers to read, search, sort, download, and use facility data.
• Facilitate data curation by (1) allowing users to submit suggested data updates,(2) recording changes made to MFL data, and (3) archiving data that is no longer valid.
• Act as a common component of a health information exchange (HIE) and enable more complex interoperability use cases.1
• Serve as a portal for data consumers to ask questions or to suggest improvements regarding
the facility registry service itself or the data contained in the MFL.

Cheers,
-carl

Carl Leitner

Sep 18, 2019, 11:35:53 AM9/18/19
to facility...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Yes.   For Cameroon, have you already determine your particular requirements for the data curation process.  For example:
  • Can anyone submit a facility for consideration in the MFL or is it restricted to certain user roles?
  • When considering a health facility to add, what are the approval steps needed by the MOH?  Is it a one-step approval or are multiple people involved?  How are you handling licensing of health facilities?
  • What is the scope of health facilities included: is it both public sector and private sector?   Are you only including service delivery site or are you also including the broader health system facilities such as administrative offices, labs, warehouse/depot?

I believe that there is some work being done of the GOFR tool to add support for some of this type of functionality, but it would be good to understand your priority needs better.

Thanks!

Cheers,
-carl

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/facility-registry/13863c38-d792-4b14-a480-0a06aefddede%40googlegroups.com.