Transluceny, Glossy, Bump Maps

Patrick

Feb 3, 2020, 6:26:46 AM2/3/20
to FaceGen
Hi,

First of all, I think this is a great product, really makes the whole process a lot more efficient and works better than Face Transfer.

I just had a quick question regarding surfaces. The FaceGen exports the base maps, so in Daz, under "Surfaces" one can simply browse to the associated JPG and replace the base color map as instructed. However, does anyone have any guidance on what should be done with the Transluceny, Glossy, Bump Maps?

Thanks!

Patrick.

FaceGen Expert

Feb 3, 2020, 6:56:46 AM2/3/20
to FaceGen

Hi Patrick, thank you for your comments !

I'm not an expert at Daz so I don't have the answers for you - hopefully others can contribute - but the "Diffuse Color" map generated by FaceGen does have some of those effects already baked in, just by the nature of our color statistics and the texture detail lifted from the photo.

Best wishes,

Felix Rodriguez

Feb 14, 2020, 6:35:24 PM2/14/20
to FaceGen
I prefer to use FaceGen for the shapes, and use other utilities (such as Skin Builder) to manipulate the textures.

Having said that, I like the amount of texture manipulation one can do within FaceGen, and frequently, only minor tweaks in Daz itself need be done.