The future of fatfree

Giancarlo Voci

Jun 10, 2021, 8:54:32 AM6/10/21
to Fat-Free Framework
Hi, I use this framework from years :) and I'm very happy with him, I'm using in many medium/big project and I have a question:

Still this project in update?
What's the future about new changes, new implementation?

ikkez

Jun 11, 2021, 8:00:01 AM6/11/21
to Fat-Free Framework
Well, it becomes pretty silent from time to time but this doesn't mean we're not updating it anymore. I just launched two rather big client projects as well this year with fatfree and there's more to come.
Progress on next version is still not very much though, but what we had for the roadmap so far:

  • PHP 8 minimum Version
  • more type-safe code
  • refactored shardable, extendable Hive with types and IDE autocompletion
  • PSR Request/Response adapters
  • swoole support (or similar approach)
  • switch Namespace to F3/*
  • some refactorings for path handling (alias, routes, etc.)
  • the sql mapper needs raw-types
  • the Mongo Mapper probably needs a complete rewrite
  • compile config.ini files need to php for improved performance
  • maybe something with php attributes
  • perhaps a file system adapter

Giancarlo Voci

Jun 11, 2021, 9:53:51 AM6/11/21
to Fat-Free Framework
WOW u make me happy ikkez :)

So coroutine like as swoole is coming to f3 : ) ?

Ok I wait ^^

Thanks for your work!

Chris Moody

Jun 13, 2021, 3:42:07 PM6/13/21
to ikkez über Fat-Free Framework

Why would it be making PHP 8 the minimum version already? I could see going with 7.3 as a minimum but PHP 8?

--
-- You've received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups group. To post to this group, send an email to f3-fra...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to f3-framework...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/f3-framework?hl=en
---

@eazuka

Aug 16, 2021, 7:33:21 PM8/16/21
to Fat-Free Framework
Nice update @ikkez
These features below from list you shared would be really really awesome. I am excited, though a bit worried i would have retired before this awesomeness are released in F3.
I understand though that you the core f3 team have their day jobs so no time lines may have been assigned to the roadmap, hence my worries. I there a way users of this framework can financially sponsor the development of this roadmap so that things can move faster?
  • PSR Request/Response adapters
  • swoole support (or similar approach)
  • switch Namespace to F3/*

Yoeri Nijs

Apr 24, 2022, 1:49:14 PM4/24/22
to Fat-Free Framework
Since February, we have a 3.8 release. However, the docs are not updated (yet). Any plans to update them soon? :)

ved

Apr 24, 2022, 1:57:12 PM4/24/22
to Fat-Free Framework
Hi,

You can check the CHANGELOG.md file for the latest changes.

There weren't really any changes that require major additions in the documentation. It's mostly more php 8.1 support and some other fixes for some edge cases.

Feel free to suggest here any changes to the documentation you may feel it's missing or any issues you encounter.

Cheers

Yoeri Nijs

Apr 24, 2022, 2:03:42 PM4/24/22
to Fat-Free Framework
Ah great. Thanks, Ved!

Just out of curiosity: should we update the dropdown box on the FatFree site to 3.8, just to clarify that one is reading the up to date documentation?