efficacy of supplements

William Flynn Wallace

Jan 25, 2021, 9:02:55 PM1/25/21
to ExI chat list, extro...@googlegroups.com
Lack of evidence does not stop them from working.  I have osteoarthritis everywhere you can have it:  hips, spine, shoulders and so on.  I have no pain.

I take several supplements labeled as anti-inflammatory, but I suspect the main one is curcurmin.  I was taking Naproxen but some side effects of long term use dissuaded me from taking it so I stopped and tried these supplements.

If it's a placebo effect, it's a giant one.

bill w

Brent Allsop

Jan 26, 2021, 5:19:42 PM1/26/21
to extro...@googlegroups.com, ExI chat list

What does everyone take for supplements?
I take this stack, which seems to be quite complete.
Am I missing anything?

William Flynn Wallace

Jan 26, 2021, 5:50:10 PM1/26/21
to extro...@googlegroups.com
levothyroxine, metformin, Lipitor (statin), Entresto (blood pressure), a beta blocker (slows heart rate), baby aspirin, D3, benfotiamine (with folate and all B vitamin, my cure for peripheral neuropathy - replacement for Metanx), boswellia, alpha lipoic acid, optimized folate, 1300 mg curcurmin, magnesium, rhodiola, all B, iron, glucosamine/chondroitin, melatonin

The statin lowers LDL.  Recent data show that getting LDL down to around 60, which my drug does, helps with heart disease even if you don't have elevated LDL.  I expected all sorts of side effects, but I have none.
bill w