tinnitus

William Flynn Wallace

Jun 6, 2023, 6:27:24 PM6/6/23
to ExI chat list, extro...@googlegroups.com
If any of you have this pest, respond to me.  I have a way of getting rid of some of it.

bill w

Giulio Prisco

Jun 6, 2023, 6:33:59 PM6/6/23
to extro...@googlegroups.com, ExI chat list
My wife does, but make the remedy public!

On 2023. Jun 6., Tue at 15:27, William Flynn Wallace <fooz...@gmail.com> wrote:
If any of you have this pest, respond to me.  I have a way of getting rid of some of it.

bill w

Lawrence Crowell

Jun 6, 2023, 6:41:07 PM6/6/23
to extro...@googlegroups.com
Yes I have tinnitus. Curiously I tend to be unaware of it until I make a mental note of it. Your email brought tinnitus front and center in my sensory sphere. So what is the magic formula?

LC

William Flynn Wallace

Jun 6, 2023, 8:06:17 PM6/6/23
to extro...@googlegroups.com
I have several 'rings' - one is constant - others come and go.  When I hear a tone start, I put my hand over the ear and rub back and forth, just making noise.  This has reliably stopped a tone before.  It doesn't stop all of them, though. And of course they come back.  They really do not bother me, and I don't know why. I have read of people who contemplated suicide because of tinnitus.

Wild guess:  your brain likes some sounds occurring.  When I awake in the morning tinnitus is loud.  When you are in a quiet place it may just give you some noise.  I have a 60 dB loss in one ear (cochlear hearing aid implanted), and old age reduction in high frequency hearing in the other ear.  One cannot tell which ear is affected because signals from one ear cross over to the other side - a majority , I think. But both right and left brains get signals from both ears.  bill w