Passing some data to the slave addin when using ExcelIntegration.RegisterXLL(path)

Iustin Targovet

Oct 28, 2021, 8:08:24 AM10/28/21
to Excel-DNA
Hi all!

I've got a master/slave add-in setup and I'm trying to pass some data down to the slave when registering it, a little JSON let's suppose.

What is the cleanest way to do that?

Thanks,
Iustin

Govert van Drimmelen

Oct 28, 2021, 8:57:19 AM10/28/21
to exce...@googlegroups.com
I vote for an environment variable.

-Govert

Iustin Targovet

Nov 1, 2021, 5:50:28 AM11/1/21
to Excel-DNA
Hello Govert,

That is an amazing recommendation, I haven't thought of it but it will fit my needs perfectly. Thank you for your input!

-Iustin

Craig Crevola

Nov 1, 2021, 6:28:52 AM11/1/21
to exce...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lustin

If you want to pass more data between the two you can use a pub sub framework such as zeromq. It has a little bit of setup, but will allow realtime two way messaging.

Thanks

Craig.