Book

William Ewing

Mar 13, 2022, 5:47:17 AM3/13/22
to ewingfamily...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.
I at last got a sale for An Eagles Wing in USA. I would be over the moon if the purchaser would give some comments. Am I correct in assuming that the American Ewings are actually English and not Scottish.

aalg...@aol.com

Mar 13, 2022, 8:20:21 PM3/13/22
to ewingfamily...@googlegroups.com
It depends on who you ask.  Some think they are northern Englanders and others see a connection to the Ewing Clan in Otter (see website).  My own Ewing ancestors are believed to have been from Donegal, so Scots-Irish.  They intermarried with MacMillans/MacMullens and MacNeils, so sounds Scottish to me!

AA LLoyd

delilia

Mar 13, 2022, 8:46:16 PM3/13/22
to ewingfamily...@googlegroups.com, aalg...@aol.com
My Ewing family was Scots-Irish. They lived in Corbally, Dromore Parish, in county Tyrone. They left county Tyrone a few at a time between the 1830s and 1847.  I don't know when they left Scotland and went to Northern Ireland.

Delilia

--
Visit our main EFA site at https://ewingfamilyassociation.org .
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ewingfamilyassociation/1380228004.2083925.1647217215556%40mail.yahoo.com

Dennis Kauffman

Mar 14, 2022, 7:41:09 AM3/14/22
to Ewing Family Association
Hi William,

I don't know if this was directed to me; I purchased your book a couple months ago.

According to this short biography of James Ewing, I'm of Scottish descent. James is the brother of my 2G-Grandmother, Rachel (Ewing) Marshman.

I have read some debate on the internet, from cousins in this branch, whether William came from Scotland or was born in Pennsylvania and his father emigrated from Scotland. Unfortunately, I don't know any of William's siblings or parents to go back any further.

I enjoyed your book. I think what I most enjoyed about it was on another branch of my tree, my grandfather was a coal miner in West Virginia. His father was a coal miner in Fayette County, Pennsylvania. He came to the US, from Scotland, in 1884 when he was 14 with his 12 year old brother; his older brother was already here. This was soon after the passing of his father who was also a coal and iron miner in Scotland. Reading your stories of working in the mines through the generations of your family was enlightening. I even bought a copy of "The Brave Don't Cry".

Thanks for your stories!

Dennis

Susan Cabral

Mar 14, 2022, 7:40:00 PM3/14/22
to Dennis Kauffman, Ewing Family Association
Our Ewing Family tree shows ancestors coming from Stirling… the mount of Londonderry, so Scots-Irish!

Sent from Susan's iPhone

Steven Ewing

Mar 27, 2022, 10:07:11 AM3/27/22
to Ewing Family Association