Ewing Family Mysteries

Kristina Magill

Aug 5, 2022, 6:48:46 PM8/5/22
to Ewing Family Association
Greetings...I have been researching the Ewing family for years and have gotten quite confused about whether I'm on the right track. I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.

What I know (proven by birth/death records):
my grandmother was Ramona Ewing (1896 CA-1972 CA) spouse Robert McFarland
her father was William Beryl Ewing (1860 OH - 1934 CA)  spouse   Willie Lee Price  (1864 MO –1936 CA)
his father was  Peter Ewing  BIRTH 13 OCT 1840 • Mohicanville, Ashland County, Ohio, United States of America
DEATH 06 MAY 1916 • Mullin, Henry, Missouri     {I have many DNA matches at this Level}  spouse  Jane Bennett
BIRTH 12 JUN 1840 • Ashland, Ashland, Ohio, USA  DEATH 06 JUN 1900 • Bates County, Missouri, USA

then..probably
His father was James S. Ewing  BIRTH DEC 08, 1802 • Hopewell Township, Bedford, Pennsylvannia
DEATH AUG 06, 1875 • Pleasant Township, Hancock County, Ohio   {again many DNA Matches at this level}
spouse  Anna Maria Long   BIRTH APR 19, 1801 • Paradise, York, Pennsylvania, USA
DEATH MAY 01, 1886 • Pleasant City, Hancock, Ohio, USA

Then....maybe
His father was  John S. Ewing   BIRTH 16 MAY 1762 • Lebanon, Lebanon, Pennsylvania, United States
DEATH JUN 20, 1833 • Jeromesville, Ashland Co, Ohio, USA, buried in Meng Cemetery
{DNA matches..?}  spouse ?  Anna Maria "Mary" Heichold Eicholtz   BIRTH 25 JUL 1764 • Lebanon, Lebanon Co., Pennsylvania
DEATH 18 NOV 1835 • Mohican, Ashland, Ohio, United States

then  really a maybe
His Father was James S (Johannes) Ewing   BIRTH 20 NOV 1721 • Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland
DEATH MAY 01, 1776 • Lebanon, Lebanon, Pennsylvania, United States  Spouse: ? Maria Sabina Schrebele
1735–1808

Can you refer me to someone who might be able to help figure out if I am correct with these relationships or if I'm off-track.
Any help or advise greatly appreciated.
Kristina Olson Magill    magil...@gmail.com

David Ewing

Aug 5, 2022, 8:34:16 PM8/5/22
to Jill Ewing Spitler, Kristina Magill, Ewing Family Association
The earliest generation you mention is in Jill Ewing Spitler's line. I haven't seen or heard from her in a number of years and don't know if she is still active. But she did write some articles for the Ewing Family Journal through the years, which you could find by using the search function on the EFA website and searching either for "Jill Ewing Spitler" (in quotes) or, perhaps better, for Schrebele.

BTW, if you haven't uploaded your autosomal DNA results to GedMatch, joined the Ewing project there and given full access to DG Ewing (the admin), you definitely should do so.

David Neal Ewing

--
Visit our main EFA site at https://ewingfamilyassociation.org .

Leslie Bagwell