Q Anon is the tip of the iceberg

Lawrence Crowell

Jan 15, 2021, 8:49:41 PM1/15/21
to Everything List

This is a video everyone should watch. In working on cyber-security since last spring I have brushed into some of this and have come to know CICADA and its role on the dark web. The world we live in is in a precarious state, where our infrastructure depends on systems of vast complexity, but at the same time more of humanity seems to be entering into some sort of voluntary schizophrenic state.

 This makes an important connection with this bizarre subculture of cryptography on the web. There is literally a vast network of people out there doing these things. In college I was a bit of a hacker, but it was elementary stuff. Today, there is a dark industry of hacking the internet, and this has resulted in a continual war. This war makes light of the old saying, "Is this a private fight or can anyone join in?" Everyone has joined, and it is a huge multi-networked struggle or conflict that involves ultimately all of us.

 I worked as a contractor to two companies that did work with the INTEL community. The reality then was you has the United States and the Soviet Union in a dynamic tension, and this involved what I worked on which was SIGINT, or signals in intelligence. The matrix of actors of this sort has grown exponentially since the time of the late 80s and the first half of the 90s. What occurs with cyber-security, even in the private world, is much the same and it curiosly involves propaganda games. QAnon is really just the propaganda wing of a much larger network of actors. In fact I suspect QAnon will fade away, but something or maybe several new things will emerge this decade.

 About every century some region of the world enters into some sort of gregarious group-thought hypermania. This results in a mass disaster. Last century this took place in Russia, Italy, Germany and Japan. Before then it was the Napoleonic wars, and this pattern can be seen through the reformation wars back to the middle ages. Even tribal or indigenous societies can have a pattern of this, where every 3 or 4 generations they tend to fight wars. We are coming in queue here for the next big global tango, It also might be worth pointing out these have tended to happen with the introduction of new communication technologies. None of this looks at all good.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4vb6UWhf3o

spudb...@aol.com

Jan 15, 2021, 10:00:23 PM1/15/21
to goldenfield...@gmail.com, everyth...@googlegroups.com
For me, all I need to see is which companies are doing the censoring? Which universities are censoring for the "safety of the students"-even if the students are the aggressors? Which banks, and corporations are now threatening money cutoffs? We had 7 months of sporadic riots and the liberals (which I sometimes side with) and now they freak out when conservatives targets the capital. Could that be a conspiracy too? Possibly, or maybe it was Bastille Day sort of?

Is this merely a spell of international madness due to the plague? Not sure, but I tend to look to the royals of 2013 across Europe, pissing away what stability they had built before, in their nationalist competition over land and power. The destabilization that followed produced the Soviet takeover of mother Russia, and the Treaty of Versailles, the German hyperinflation, and later the depression which became the Great Depression, yadda yadda etc. So, maybe this time it will be Globalism that triggers the wars and revolutions?

My guess is that if a conspiracy occurred, it was the billionaire$ wanting their China money back, because that what occurred under Captain Orange, was the big tariffs. What about the near future with new leaders? It depends on how the economy goes, if the lockdowns from 19 continue way past mass vaxing, war, peace, all the fun stuff. Possibly a national split? We shall see...

You all were doing so well with the Born discussions too! Shucks!

Alan Grayson

Jan 15, 2021, 11:58:10 PM1/15/21
to Everything List
Most likely, US vs China. Our Secretary of State recently disavowed "One China, Two Systems" policy. Maybe not featured in this following link, but the disavowal makes sense given what China has been doing in Hong Kong. AG

John Clark

Jan 16, 2021, 7:12:25 AM1/16/21
to everyth...@googlegroups.com, goldenfield...@gmail.com
On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 10:00 PM spudboy100 via Everything List <everyth...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> For me, all I need to see is which companies are doing the censoring?

To censor someone you need the power to imprison or kill them if they say something you don't like, so no company is doing any censoring, some of them may want to but none of them are able to because only governments have enough power to do that. I'm not saying companies don't have any power at all because they do, and sometimes they use the power they do have unwisely, and that's a problem, but the solution is not to give even more power to the government because it already has quite enough power thank you. So what is the solution?  I don't know, there may not be one, there is not always a solution to every problem and that's why we live in an imperfect world and probably always will, but we should try to make the imperfections as small as possible. And if history has taught us anything it's that  giving even more power to the government, which is already the most powerful institution in our society, will not make the world perfect.

> Which universities are censoring for the "safety of the students"

No universities are doing any censoring either and for exactly the same reason, although I do think threatening to expel students for what they say is a very unproductive thing to do. And I think the idea that university students are such delicate snowflakes that they need protection from harsh language or exposure to views different from their own is ridiculous; they're not gonna be in college for their entire life and sooner or later they're going to have to toughen up if they want to live in the real world. So that's a problem, but the world is full of problems and some of them we just have to live with. I know one thing for sure: a government edict banning such a practice would cause more problems than it solved.

> We had 7 months of sporadic riots and the liberals (which I sometimes side with) and now they freak out when conservatives targets the capital.

If you are not freaked out by a murderous mob of Stormtrumper zombies staging a coup d'état by attacking the Capital Building which contained the Vice President and every single member of the House and Senate in an attempt to overturn the Constitution of the USA and a free election to keep their "Dear Leader" in power indefinitely then there is something very seriously wrong with you!

John K Clark

Philip Benjamin

Jan 16, 2021, 11:17:20 AM1/16/21
to everyth...@googlegroups.com, general...@googlegroups.com

[John K Clark]

“No universities are doing any censoring either and for exactly the same reason, although I do think threatening to expel students for what they say is a very unproductive thing to do”

[Philip Benjamin]

   There are hundreds if not thousands of instances to the contrary. Some are listed below. That is why I call these Universities WAMP—Western Acade-Media Pagan(ism).

1.  https://www.thefire.org/10-worst-colleges-for-free-speech-2020/

2. https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/07/24/scientist-alleges-csun-fired-him-for-discovery-of-soft-tissue-on-dinosaur-fossil/  LOS

     ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Attorneys for a California State University, Northridge scientist who was terminated from his job after discovering soft tissue on a triceratops fossil have filed a lawsuit against the university.

3. https://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/19/us/19kentucky.html

    Astronomer Sues the University of Kentucky, Claiming His Faith Cost Him a Job

4. https://www.christianpost.com/news/professor-fired-after-speech-opposing-puberty-blocking-drugs-sues-university.html

    A Psychiatry Professor fired after speech opposing puberty-blocking drugs sues university

5. https://mynewsla.com/crime/2021/01/11/chapman-professor-who-supports-trump-resists-calls-for-ouster/

    A Chapman University law professor who has come under fire for his election fraud claims and participation in a rally led by President Donald Trump just before the insurrection at the Capitol fought back Monday against critics who are calling for his ouster from the university

6. http://www.theevolutioncrisis.org.uk/testimony5.php

7. https://www.amazon.com/Expelled-Intelligence-Allowed-Ben-Stein/dp/B001BYLFFS

       Big science has expelled smart new ideas from the classroom ... What they forgot is that every generation has its Rebel! That rebel, Ben Stein (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off) travels the world on his quest, and learns an awe-inspiring truth … that educators and scientists are being ridiculed, denied tenure and even fired – for the crime of merely believing that there might be evidence of design in nature, and that perhaps life is not just the result of accidental, random chance. To which Ben Says: Enough! And then gets busy. NOBODY messes with Ben.

Philip Benjamin

John K Clark.

Philip Benjamin

Jan 16, 2021, 11:18:59 AM1/16/21
to everyth...@googlegroups.com

general...@googlegroups.com  Subject: RE: Q Anon is the tip of the iceberg

John Clark

Jan 16, 2021, 1:14:00 PM1/16/21
On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 11:18 AM Philip Benjamin <medin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> “No universities are doing any censoring either and for exactly the same reason, although I do think threatening to expel students for what they say is a very unproductive thing to do”

> [Philip Benjamin] There are hundreds if not thousands of instances to the contrary. Some are listed below.

I strongly oppose censorship, I think you have the perfect right to say anything you like even if I think what you are saying is evil or stupid or both, but I have the perfect right to refuse to lend you my megaphone so you can say it louder. Being burned alive and the failure to receive tenure are not equivalent, and not one of the things you listed is an example of censorship or comes anywhere near to it. Church officials threatened to torture Galileo to death if he didn't stop teaching that the earth went around the sun, that is censorship. Today firing an astronomy professor who teaches that the sun and the entire universe revolves around the earth is not censorship, it's a good idea, and so is firing a geology professor who teaches his students that dinosaurs existed 4000 years ago.  Expelling a student because university administrators don't like that student's political views is a very bad idea but that's not censorship either, it's just a bad way to run a university.

And it's pretty pathetic to see our whiny little president whining about big bad Twitter censoring him when the man has a fully equipped television studio in the very house he lives in and can get on national television in about two minutes anytime he wants.  A few days ago on TV one of the House traitors who voted to end our democracy was wearing a virus mask with the words "censored" printed on it while a microphone was just inches from it and she was on national TV spouting out her nonsense to millions of people to see and hear. Bazaar!

John K Clark

Brent Meeker

Jan 16, 2021, 5:36:42 PM1/16/21

On 1/16/2021 4:11 AM, John Clark wrote:
On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 10:00 PM spudboy100 via Everything List <everyth...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> For me, all I need to see is which companies are doing the censoring?

To censor someone you need the power to imprison or kill them if they say something you don't like, so no company is doing any censoring, some of them may want to but none of them are able to because only governments have enough power to do that. I'm not saying companies don't have any power at all because they do, and sometimes they use the power they do have unwisely, and that's a problem, but the solution is not to give even more power to the government because it already has quite enough power thank you. So what is the solution?  I don't know, there may not be one, there is not always a solution to every problem and that's why we live in an imperfect world and probably always will, but we should try to make the imperfections as small as possible. And if history has taught us anything it's that  giving even more power to the government, which is already the most powerful institution in our society, will not make the world perfect.

Except it's not clear that the government is the most powerful institution.  On paper, the legislature has the most power, but in practice division and polarization have left it ineffective, with a consequence that it just delegates power with no oversight or control.

And there are problems, like global warming that require international solutions.  That implies that governments need the power to make the necessary agreements and to live up to them.

Brent

Bruno Marchal

Jan 20, 2021, 10:16:14 AM1/20/21
to everyth...@googlegroups.com
Qanon uses systematically the confusion between p->q and q->p, like prohibition, but on larger scale. Mark Twain said that a lies has the time to go around the Earth the time Truth put his shoes, and that is true, except that with the technological communications, the lies have the time to go a million times around the world.
It is a phenomenon akin to the pseudo-religion, the exploitation of fear, etc.

What is crazy is that two members of the congress are Qanon people, which is corroborated by what they say and how they act. One of them has just some days ago write a bill to impeach Biden, for example (on unclear grounds).

They single out some truth, generalise it (without grounds). They know that fewer that people will take all confirmation as somehow proving the facts, which is just invalid science.

They are dangerous, but the lack of investment in solid education for all is what enable that kind of foolishness. It is not worth than Russian or Nazi propaganda, but it is made much more efficacious, and thus much more dangerous, by the current technology which amplify the misinformation and makes it resonate in many social groups.

Many people confuse freedom of speech with freedom of defamation, or freedom of lying, which is not helped by the relativistic “postmodern” pseudo-philophy...

It is a sort of e-jesus. If we don’t fight this, it can make life difficult for centuries if not millennia.

In that optic, it is relief that Trump did not win the election. Qanon loves Trump, and Trump loves all what loves him…

Qanon type of conspiracy will not help humanity to face their real challenge. Fighting Qanon, and all fake-religion is one of the big challenge to humanity. As you can expect, I do consider that making theology back to science will help a lot, and is even necessary at some point, if only to remind people to doubt even more in the fundamental domain, and keep alive the critical, doubtful, attitude. But most people still prefer the comfortable lies.

Bruno