GPT Retakes My Midterm and Gets an A

John Clark

Mar 22, 2023, 12:05:54 PM3/22/23
to 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List

spudb...@aol.com

Mar 22, 2023, 6:29:29 PM3/22/23
to johnk...@gmail.com, everyth...@googlegroups.com
Ok JC. As a futurist, would you, based on verification of this data, and all subsequent data, consider the formation of a new hybrid species wherein, we humans opt for neural chipping in with advanced AI's benefiting both species; or do you consider this, the kiss of death for homo Sapien?

I'd have loved to have been glorious at math. Then, I could've have applied my fascination to the technological challenges you see me bitching about constantly. I could have come up with potential fixes, instead of being forced to the sidelines as a fan!  On the other hand, would most of us simply wind up being Tik-Tok Followers of a new Hitler, with us as the weakling-obedient followers, yielding, to a new, Triumph of the Will?

Chip and Humans?

You got chocolate on my peanut butter, well, you got peanut butter on my chocolate! -Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.
(Out of US readers-a famous US commercial)

also: 2! 2! Two mints in one! -Certs Breath Mints.

John Clark

Mar 24, 2023, 6:32:17 AM3/24/23
to spudb...@aol.com, everyth...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 6:29 PM <spudb...@aol.com> wrote:

> Ok JC. As a futurist, would you, based on verification of this data, and all subsequent data, consider the formation of a new hybrid species wherein, we humans opt for neural chipping in with advanced AI's benefiting both species; or do you consider this, the kiss of death for homo Sapien?

From a human point of view a man machine merger would be the best possible outcome, but the trouble is I can't think of any advantage of merging from an AI's point of view, and very soon AIs will be the ones calling the shots not humans. One month ago I wouldn't have said "very soon" but today we're living in a post GTP4 world.

7gt

Jason Resch

Mar 24, 2023, 6:48:02 AM3/24/23
to Everything List
You might appreciate this paper:

Jason

John Clark

Mar 24, 2023, 9:08:25 AM3/24/23
to everyth...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 6:48 AM Jason Resch <jason...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> From a human point of view a man machine merger would be the best possible outcome, but the trouble is I can't think of any advantage of merging from an AI's point of view, and very soon AIs will be the ones calling the shots not humans. One month ago I wouldn't have said "very soon" but today we're living in a post GTP4 world.

> You might appreciate this paper:

Wow, thanks for pointing that out Jason,  it looks like a hell of a paper, and the version of GPT4 they were looking at was an early version that was several months old!  It's 154 pages so I only had time to glance at it but I did have time to look at this video about the paper:

oal