FW: Downtown Corvallis Association Announcement

1 view

Annette Mills

Feb 17, 2022, 8:48:17 PM2/17/22
to EVAT

FYI…

From: Jennifer [mailto:jenn...@downtowncorvallis.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2022 3:43 PM
To: ami...@willamettewatershed.com
Subject: Downtown Corvallis Association Announcement

View this email in your browser

Dear Downtown Corvallis Association Members
and the Corvallis Community at large,

We are sad to announce that after careful consideration, the Board of Directors of the Downtown Corvallis Association has decided to dissolve the organization. The COVID pandemic has canceled most of our large fundraising events over the past two years. Without that vital funding source, we simply cannot continue as an organization. We have begun the dissolution process and will provide updates on a final date of operation. The DCA Board graciously thanks our members for supporting us over the past 37 years. If you have any questions, please contact: in...@downtowncorvallis.org.

Sincerely,

Downtown Corvallis Association Board of Directors

DCA Facebook

DCA Website

Instagram

Copyright © 2022 Downtown Corvallis Association All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
460 SW Madison Avenue, Suite #9 Corvallis, OR 97333

Kate Hickok Feldman

Feb 17, 2022, 10:53:27 PM2/17/22
to Annette Mills, EVAT
Very sad…

Kate Hickok Feldman
Kate Hickok Media Productions

On Feb 17, 2022, at 17:48, Annette Mills <ami...@willamettewatershed.com> wrote:

--
——————
Economic Vitality Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

VISION: Corvallis is home to a vibrant, diverse and sustainable economy anchored by a broad spectrum of local, environmentally-friendly businesses.

https://sustainablecorvallis.org/action-teams/economic-vitality/

Heidi Lewis

Feb 18, 2022, 12:34:36 AM2/18/22
to Annette Mills, EVAT
Oh no! This is really sad. 😭The pandemic has pushed so many beyond what can be sustained. That said, if there’s anything I’ve learned during the pandemic, Is that we can be disappointed, experience great losses,  pivot  and find new ways of being and doing business. Phoenix from the ashes. Might not happen right away, but there is still hope!

Thanks for the update, Annette.

--
——————
Economic Vitality Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

VISION: Corvallis is home to a vibrant, diverse and sustainable economy anchored by a broad spectrum of local, environmentally-friendly businesses.

https://sustainablecorvallis.org/action-teams/economic-vitality/
Heidi

Heidi Lewis (she/her/hers)
Human Resources | Creative Ops Director
Sky High Brewing | American Dream Pizza

Porsche, Kate

Feb 18, 2022, 10:33:38 AM2/18/22
to Annette Mills, EVAT

Hi EVAT –

A quick note to let you know we are watching this very closely. I believe that there is the need to support downtown, though that may take on a different flavor going forward—still to be determined.

Also, from my perspective, I would like to see the Main Street program continue, as it will allow our community to have access to the support, funding, and methodology that goes with that program.

Let me know if you have any questions, and stay tuned!

Kate

--

——————
Economic Vitality Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

VISION: Corvallis is home to a vibrant, diverse and sustainable economy anchored by a broad spectrum of local, environmentally-friendly businesses.

https://sustainablecorvallis.org/action-teams/economic-vitality/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Economic Vitality Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/evat/81d78101d82469%2497ed58b0%24c7c80a10%24%40willamettewatershed.com.

Disclaimer: This e-mail message is a public record of the City of Corvallis. The contents may be subject to public disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law and subject to the State of Oregon Records Retention Schedules. (OAR:166.200.0200-405)

Annette Mills

Feb 18, 2022, 10:54:56 AM2/18/22
to Porsche, Kate, EVAT

Thank you, Kate. It’s good to know that the Economic Development Office is involved with this transition and supportive of the Main Street program.

Annette