Search for a specific item

ge-...@hotmail.com

Nov 23, 2019, 9:20:50 AM11/23/19
to Europeana API forum
Hi,

I am trying to search specific item and get the metadatas. I tried  https://www.europeana.eu/api/v2/search.json?wskey=MYKEY&query=europeana_id=55076 but seems to be wrong.

Any help how to accomplished it?

Best Regards,

Hugo Manguinhas

Nov 25, 2019, 8:08:36 AM11/25/19
to ge-...@hotmail.com, europe...@googlegroups.com
Dear user,

Thank you for your email.

To search for an item with a specific identifier, you must indicate the complete identifier when searching on the europeana_id field and also remember to use the : character in between like so: query=europeana_id:%22/91652/KBG_photo_KBGF055076%22
... but if you want to access the metadata for a single item than I suggest using the Record API.

Here is the complete example:

Btw, please do not share your API key publicly as other users may pick it up and use it.

Sincerely,
Hugo Manguinhas

--
Visit Europeana Labs for API Documentation, Open Datasets, and our Apps Showcase - http://labs.europeana.eu

Hugo Manguinhas | Product Manager API
T: +31 (0)70 3140657

E: hugo.ma...@europeana.eu | Skype: hugo.manguinhas

Be part of Europe's online cultural movement - join the Europeana Network Association: Sign up for the Association | #AllezCulture | @Europeanaeu | Europeana Pro website

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your
system.

ge-...@hotmail.com

Nov 25, 2019, 1:35:49 PM11/25/19
to Europeana API forum
Hi Hugo,

Thanks a lot for the help!

Can you also give me an example for Record API?

Best Regards

On Sat, 23 Nov 2019 at 15:20, ge-...@hotmail.com <ge-...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to search specific item and get the metadatas. I tried  https://www.europeana.eu/api/v2/search.json?wskey=MYKEY&query=europeana_id=55076 but seems to be wrong.

Any help how to accomplished it?

Best Regards,

--
Visit Europeana Labs for API Documentation, Open Datasets, and our Apps Showcase - http://labs.europeana.eu

Hugo Manguinhas

Dec 5, 2019, 10:11:05 AM12/5/19
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Dear user,

the simplest way is to look for the "link" field in the JSON output of the Search API... this will direct you to the Record API.

For more information about the 2 APIs, you can see our public documentation at: https://pro.europeana.eu/resources/apis/search and  https://pro.europeana.eu/resources/apis/record

If you need any additional help, please dont hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
Hugo Manguinhas

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/europeanaAPI/d3552d72-397d-4997-af29-86e3a18b6f8e%40googlegroups.com.