What am i doing wrong?

Lost Record

Feb 6, 2021, 5:11:50 PM2/6/21
to Europeana API forum
The only thing i get when using the search console ( Europeana REST API Console | Europeana Pro) is:  { "error": "no response from server" }

Hugo Manguinhas

Feb 7, 2021, 6:10:51 AM2/7/21
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Dear user,

Thank you for your interest in the Europeana APIs.

I have checked the page and it seems to work well for me. Could you share with us which method you have tried so that we can troubleshoot the issue?

Apologies for the inconvenience.

With kind regards,
Hugo

--
Visit Europeana Labs for API Documentation, Open Datasets, and our Apps Showcase - http://labs.europeana.eu

Hugo Manguinhas | Product Manager API
T: +31 (0)70 3140657

E: hugo.ma...@europeana.eu | Skype: hugo.manguinhas

We continue to work from home until 1 January 2021. You can read more about how we are doing that here.

Be part of Europe's online cultural movement - join the Europeana Network Association: Sign up for the Association | #AllezCulture| @Europeanaeu | Europeana Pro website

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your
system.

Lost Record

Feb 7, 2021, 7:57:23 AM2/7/21
to Europeana API forum
Hi Hugo,

Thanks for your response. I tried several operations and they all failed but a good example would be the first entry.: /record/opensearch.rss. It doesn't require any key to work. Just a search term.
opensearch.png
Best,

Gerrit Visser

Jolan Wuyts

Feb 8, 2021, 3:51:56 AM2/8/21
to Europeana API forum
Hiya Gerrit,

After taking a look at our Search and Record API Console I can confirm that only the methods that start with '/v2' currently work. So if you want to test the RSS Opensearch method, you can use the '/v2/opensearch.rss' method. In the below screenshot, only the bottom four methods return status 200 OK responses for me.

Hope this helped!

Best

Jolan

s.png

Lost Record

Feb 8, 2021, 5:17:14 AM2/8/21
to Europeana API forum
Thanks you Nolan but i'm afraid it doesn't make any difference. Also the v2 operation don't work for me and complain about not getting a response from the server
Worth noticing is that the generated url gives a 404 when pasted into the browser: https://api.europeana.eu/api/record/v2/opensearch.rss?count=12&searchTerms=water&startIndex=1
I'm starting to suspect it's a local issue since it seems to work fine for everybody else.

Jolan Wuyts

Feb 8, 2021, 6:17:48 AM2/8/21
to Europeana API forum
Hi again Gerrit,

the correct format of the URL string is api.europeana.eu/api/v2/... , so without the /record/ in between. using the search term you provided the working OpenSearch query would be https://api.europeana.eu/api/v2/opensearch.rss?count=12&searchTerms=water&startIndex=1

I acknowledge that our current Swagger console is showing too many options currently, which is confusing to users. I'll flag this to our Platform Services team so they can investigate further, and hopefully improve the user experience of our Console. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Kind Regards

Jolan

Lost Record

Feb 8, 2021, 3:31:35 PM2/8/21
to Europeana API forum
Thanks a lot Jolan,

I think a Swagger page is a great way to explore an API's capabilities and to give you a bit of a head start.
Fixing this one would be a great improvement.

Best,

Gerrit

Hugo Manguinhas

Feb 9, 2021, 8:36:57 AM2/9/21
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Dear Gerrit,

We are facing some issues in the Swagger console resulting from some changes in our internal deployments. We are working to update the console but in the meantime let me share that the APIs are always available under the https://api.europeana.eu/ (with the exception of our iiif endpoints that have an alternative address) and specifically for the case of the OpenSearch.RSS it is available at:  https://api.europeana.eu/record/v2/opensearch.rss?searchTerms=TERMS&count=COUNT&startIndex=START

I advise to check on our documentation in Europeana Pro for the official endpoints.
Some APIs may be available via alternative paths (which is what is being now exposed in the console) but they are meant for internal traffic and therefore we cant guarantee that they will remain accessible in the future.

Apologies for the miscommunication on our side and also the issues with the console.

With kind regards,
Hugo