Python tutorial

Gustavo Lozano

Jun 7, 2020, 1:10:52 AM6/7/20
to Europeana API forum
Hi there

Can somebody point me in the direction of a good tutorial of one of the two python wrappers available for the Europeana API?

I've tried both rest_easy and europeana_search modules, but since I have not much experience coding I haven't been able to make it work for me.

Thanks!

Gustavo

Magnus Sälgö

Jun 7, 2020, 12:01:07 PM6/7/20
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Not what you ask for but maybe a step on the way

You have in GITHUB Hobbesball/Europeanaharvest  that is Python code extracting pictures based on some text query looks like its not support #Linkeddata

You can try text retrieve "www.europeana.eu"  and hope...

--
Visit Europeana Labs for API Documentation, Open Datasets, and our Apps Showcase - http://labs.europeana.eu

Magnus Sälgö
0046-705937579

Magnus Sälgö

Jun 7, 2020, 12:03:29 PM6/7/20
to Europeana API forum
Also try a search on gist.github.com www.europeana.eu can help...

Gustavo Lozano

Jun 7, 2020, 11:05:58 PM6/7/20
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Very useful indeed!
Thanks a bunch, Magnus. I didn´t know about gist.github.com either
Greetings form Mexico
--
Gustavo Lozano
Conservador de Acervos Documentales

Coyoacán, Ciudad de México, C.P. 04510

Tel. (55) 56227250 ext. 85019

Magnus Sälgö

Jun 8, 2020, 9:26:37 AM6/8/20
to europe...@googlegroups.com
You are welcome....

I have spent some time trying to get Linked data in #Wikidata meet Linked data in #Europeana to avoid SILOS
and better metadata management....
https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM/Newsletter/December_2019/Contents/Wikidata_report/P7704

Regards
Stockholm, Sweden
sal...@msn.com

--
Magnus Sälgö
0046-705937579

José Eduardo Cejudo Grano de Oro

Jun 11, 2020, 8:40:31 AM6/11/20
to Europeana API forum
Hi Gustavo,

I recently started working on a python wrapper for Europeana's search API. It is still at the very early stages of development, so user feedback would be welcome!

Repository
Demo

Cheers,

José Eduardo