How to restore backup in VirtualBox

Satish

Jul 28, 2014, 9:11:34 AM7/28/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I just installed VirtualBox and erpnext virtual image which is working fine.
But I can't seem to find the instructions on how to restore backup in virtualbox.

I am running virtualbox on windows7.
I have my backup file on windows7. How do I access my backup file from within the virtualbox??

Regards
Satish Gupta

Sunil Kumar

Jul 28, 2014, 10:55:09 AM7/28/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi satish,

You can import backup file from win 7 to guest by enabling "guest addition". Then you can re-initialize the restore process.

Rgds,
Sunil

Satish

Jul 28, 2014, 11:09:46 AM7/28/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sunil.
Though, I must accept I did not fully understand what you are suggesting.
Instead, I used the urls created by erpnext itself which it sent through mail. Now I am able to get the backup files and unzip and untar them.

But now I am facing another problem.
When I run the command  "frappe --restore DBNAME SQLFILE --force" I get the following error.

I must mention here that the backup file was created using erpnext version 3 and I am trying to restore it on version 4.
Another problem I am now facing is that after this error, I can no longer visit my erpnext login page by going to  localhost:8080.
It says Internal Server error.

Regards
Satish Gupta