Export permission

lxnow

Feb 5, 2014, 2:10:15 AM2/5/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Currently my understanding is that access to export reports into CSV files are accessible only if "Report Manager" role is given.  Is this still the case?  I feel the Report Manager role is too powerful if I only want to give a user access to specifically just export one specific report.

Addressed in 4.0?

Anand Doshi

Feb 6, 2014, 12:27:24 AM2/6/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com, lxnow
Hi Laurence,

Yes :D
In v4.0, export and import rights can be given to each role.

Report Manager role will be able to edit/create reports and export in case of client side reports (like analytics), which are aggregate reports in any case and should be restrained.

Best,
Anand Doshi.