Invalid Recipient when I try to Download Backup

Satish

Apr 2, 2014, 3:29:28 AM4/2/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

When I click on Download Backup it gives back an error saying  "Invalid Recipient (To) Email address. Please rectify and try again"
Where do I need to update these email settings?

Regards
Satish

Maxwell Morais

Apr 2, 2014, 7:52:14 AM4/2/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
ERPNext sends a backup for all users with System Manager Role, you have to define it in a Profile, for it works.

Best Regards.

Maxwell Morais
Python Developer powered by Webnotes framework <3

Satish

Apr 2, 2014, 8:56:40 AM4/2/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
I am the system Administrator and the system manager.
I have set my email id in the profile and can send mails regarding Invoice etc.
Also I tried setting up Dropbox backup (though it is not working currently), I receive a message an email in the mention email address that the backup has failed.

I presume that since all the above mentioned things are working, backup should work too. What could be the problem?

Regards
Satish

On Wednesday, 2 April 2014 17:22:14 UTC+5:30, Maxwell wrote:
ERPNext sends a backup for all users with System Manager Role, you have to define it in a Profile, for it works.
Dear All,

When I click on Download Backup it gives back an error saying  "Invalid Recipient (To) Email address. Please rectify and try again"
Where do I need to update these email settings?

Regards
Satish

Maxwell Morais

Apr 2, 2014, 8:59:16 AM4/2/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Please, run the backup and look in the browser console, and send to me the error message.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/8d7f194a-303b-45b8-afa2-13bef0ec2542%40googlegroups.com.

Satish

Apr 2, 2014, 9:54:23 AM4/2/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Here is the output

Traceback (innermost last): File "lib/webnotes/handler.py", line 78, in handle execute_cmd(cmd) File "lib/webnotes/handler.py", line 118, in execute_cmd ret = call(method, webnotes.form_dict) File "lib/webnotes/handler.py", line 140, in call return fn(**newargs) File "lib/webnotes/utils/backups.py", line 139, in get_backup recipient_list = odb.send_email() File "lib/webnotes/utils/backups.py", line 124, in send_email sendmail(recipients=recipient_list, msg=msg, subject=subject) File "lib/webnotes/utils/email_lib/__init__.py", line 16, in sendmail get_email(recipients, sender, msg, subject).send() File "lib/webnotes/utils/email_lib/smtp.py", line 230, in send self.as_string()) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/smtplib.py", line 733, in sendmail raise SMTPRecipientsRefused(senderrs) SMTPRecipientsRefused: {}

Satish

On Wednesday, 2 April 2014 18:29:16 UTC+5:30, Maxwell wrote:
[...]

Maxwell Morais

Apr 2, 2014, 12:01:15 PM4/2/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Satish, I found the problem.

Its works only for a user that is System Manager without Administrator rights

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/e49b056a-0efc-4374-8d9d-e16bc06c0a0c%40googlegroups.com.

Satish

Apr 3, 2014, 12:57:38 AM4/3/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Maxwell.

Is there any specific logic behind this kind of arrangement?

Regards
Satish

--

Best Regards.

Maxwell Morais
Python Developer powered by Webnotes framework <3

Maxwell Morais

Apr 6, 2014, 9:02:42 PM4/6/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
I dont have a answer about it.