Dropbox backup

Satish

Apr 1, 2014, 12:26:03 PM4/1/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

I tried to set up Dropbox backup. I created a Dropbox ATI and got both the keys which I updated in conf.py
But when I click on enable Dropbox access I am still asked to update the details on conf.py

Is there anything else I need to do?

Satish

Maxwell Morais

Apr 1, 2014, 1:14:54 PM4/1/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Satish!

Try delete conf.pyc file in erpnext install dir, and refresh the services, like gunicorn, supervisord, nginx or apache.

Satish

Best Regards.

Maxwell Morais
Python Developer powered by Webnotes framework <3

Satish

Apr 2, 2014, 1:40:12 AM4/2/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Maxwell.

I did as you suggested. I am no more getting any error. However, I am not getting any confirmation either if it is working or not.
When I click "Allow Dropbox Access" I simply see the green progress bar on the top in chrome and I don't get any message. Neither does erpnext ask my permission to create a folder in Dropbox.

How do I know if it is working or not??

Also when I try to backup manually by clicking  Tools>Download Backup  I get an error message "Invalid recipients" . Where do I update the email for backup??

Regards
Satish

On Tuesday, 1 April 2014 22:44:54 UTC+5:30, Maxwell wrote:
Hi, Satish!

Try delete conf.pyc file in erpnext install dir, and refresh the services, like gunicorn, supervisord, nginx or apache.
Hi all

I tried to set up Dropbox backup. I created a Dropbox ATI and got both the keys which I updated in conf.py
But when I click on enable Dropbox access I am still asked to update the details on conf.py

Is there anything else I need to do?

Satish

Maxwell Morais

Apr 2, 2014, 1:54:06 AM4/2/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Satish, look your dropbox app folder to see if the file are uploaded to there.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/921d8390-c8f7-42d2-b7e3-c053588efc48%40googlegroups.com.

Satish

Apr 2, 2014, 2:06:37 AM4/2/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
I installed the dropbox and my other files in dropbox folder synced fine.
But I can't see anything related to erpnext.

Regards
Satish

On Wednesday, 2 April 2014 11:24:06 UTC+5:30, Maxwell wrote:
[...]

Maxwell Morais

Apr 2, 2014, 2:39:37 AM4/2/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Satish, would be good to open an github issue for this question!

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/e5eee890-6711-406e-a7a8-b2742d12916c%40googlegroups.com.

Satish

Apr 9, 2014, 12:38:43 AM4/9/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Any possibility of this issue being resolved quickly??

Regards
Satish

--

Best Regards.

Maxwell Morais
Python Developer powered by Webnotes framework <3

Anand Doshi

Apr 9, 2014, 1:59:05 AM4/9/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com, Satish

Hi Satish,

Tools > Download Backup sends email to System Managers. So you need to check if any of the emails of System Managers are invalid.

Thanks, Anand.

Thanks,
Anand Doshi.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/ca37fdaf-7b36-44ec-bd94-5a965f8dcb1e%40googlegroups.com.

Satish

Apr 10, 2014, 9:40:59 AM4/10/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com, Satish
Hi Anand,

Thanks for replying. The issue of manual download has already been cleared by Maxwell.
In my earlier post I was referring to the issue of Dropbox backup no working.

I have made all configurations. Neither am I getting any error when I click on Allow Dropbox Access. Is it an issue or am I doing something wrong? Though I have already opened an issue on github for this.

Regards
Satish
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

--

Best Regards.

Maxwell Morais
Python Developer powered by Webnotes framework <3

Best Regards.

Maxwell Morais
Python Developer powered by Webnotes framework <3

Best Regards.

Maxwell Morais
Python Developer powered by Webnotes framework <3

Satish

Apr 18, 2014, 9:22:14 AM4/18/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com, Satish
Hi,

The issue on github was closed. I was asked to come back with the error trace. Following is the error I am getting in my mailbox:

Backup Upload Failed

Oops, your automated backup to Dropbox failed.

Error message: Traceback (innermost last): File "app/setup/doctype/backup_manager/backup_manager.py", line 32, in take_backups_dropbox did_not_upload, error_log = backup_to_dropbox() File "app/setup/doctype/backup_manager/backup_dropbox.py", line 90, in backup_to_dropbox upload_file_to_dropbox(filename, "/database", dropbox_client) File "app/setup/doctype/backup_manager/backup_dropbox.py", line 149, in upload_file_to_dropbox dropbox_client.put_file(folder + "/" + os.path.basename(filename), f, overwrite=True) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dropbox/client.py", line 291, in put_file return self.rest_client.PUT(url, file_obj, headers) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dropbox/rest.py", line 321, in PUT return cls.IMPL.PUT(*n, **kw) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dropbox/rest.py", line 258, in PUT return self.request("PUT", url, body=body, headers=headers, raw_response=raw_response) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dropbox/rest.py", line 227, in request raise ErrorResponse(r, r.read()) ErrorResponse: [401] u'Unauthorized'

Please contact your system manager for more information.

It says unauthorized in this but I am using the same credentials for the dropbox account in other computers.
It doesn't give any error inside erpnext when I allow dropbox access.

Regards
Satish Gupta

Rushabh Mehta

Apr 18, 2014, 2:47:29 PM4/18/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com, Satish
You will have to lookup Dropbox API. Clearly this is an authentication issue.