ITEM CODES FOR A PRODUCT WHICH COMES IN DIFFERENT PACK SIZES

JD

May 29, 2014, 4:04:54 AM5/29/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
We purchase same type or a paint in 4 Litre packs as well as in 1 litre packs. This is for use in our production process (Not for re-sale as it is).. Should I treat these 2 items as 2 separate products wth 2 item codes or as one item with 1 item code?. What is the best way? Thanks. JD

Umair Sayyed

May 29, 2014, 5:27:57 AM5/29/14
to ERPNext User's Forum
Hello,

Just one Item Code with Litre as UoM should be sufficient. In Purchase Order, you should enter Qty based on pack size.