Can I restore erpnext version 3 WSGI framework backup to frappe version 4

Satish

Jul 29, 2014, 10:21:58 AM7/29/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can I just restore the backup make in version 3 wsgi framework to version 4?
I had not updated the version 3 for quite some time before making the backup.

Regards
Satish Gupta

Rushabh Mehta

Jul 29, 2014, 11:07:16 AM7/29/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
No, all patches of version 3 have to be completed in version 3

@rushabh_mehta
via mobile

Satish

Jul 31, 2014, 7:02:31 AM7/31/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Ok. While trying to migrate from version 3 to version 4, my instance broke. Now I can't access erpnext.
So I installed virtialbox on windows, used ubuntu and installed erpnext version 3 wsgi on it.
I restored by backup using the following commands:

lib/wnf.py --restore DATABASENAME databaseFileLocation

It completes without giving any error. However, when I access erpnext in the browser, it still takes me to the new setup.
I know that the restore is complete as i can see a database named  acmestones in /var/lib/mysql/

So how do I now access my old data?

Regards
Satish Gupta