Issue with same product with different size variants.

Md Rahimuddin

Sep 13, 2014, 10:35:19 AM9/13/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hie First of all thank god I found you. secondly thank you for the creation of erpnext. I started using erpnext on local machine for my retail shop. I am still figuring it out and figuring out my business too because I recently happen to start the retail business. The issue with the creation of item that I am facing is that the product is same but there is differences in price according to the weight. for example, Parle-G comes on the price point of 5/-, 10/-, 20. So, to resolve this I created the item code like parleg5, parleg10. But when the the item is enabled to show on website and because the item name I entered on both is same that is 'Parle-G' the link directs to only one item (because the permalink use the item name) on website whichever I create first. the solution I am seeking is the permalink should use the item code instead of item name but use the title tag of item name. thankyou

Sunil Kumar

Sep 14, 2014, 10:00:52 AM9/14/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rahimuddin,

Welcome to community. And I'm sure you will feel the awesomeness of ERPNext with every single functionality.
We use the "Item name" as a permalink to simplify the product search on web by client.

Table your all doubts on forum, we are here to help you setup ERPNext. Best of luck.
----
Sunil
Partner for ERPNext